My diet. is it healthy ? how can i lose 5 kg ?

Options
Hi there, i am new to the site & can really use a little help .
my wt. is 69 - 72 kg , different on different scales so i am not sure ! i am 167 cm tall . pear shaped body , normal bmi i guess but i really feel heavy !!
i spend most of my time sitting .. don't do a lot of exercise , only walking briskly for 30 mins around 1- 3 times per week .
i am not into counting & tracking my calories in & out ,.
i need to get down into 65 kg as a start , it would be nice to get there within 2 months .
I generally have 2 main meals throughout the day, Breakfast @ 6:00 - 06:45 : coffee with 1/4 cup milk , 1-2 tsp sugar & 1/2 pita bread with 1-2 tbsp labneh/yogurt & tomato .. throughout the day i have an apple, or fat free yogurt or any other fruit available.
@ 16:30 -17:00 i have my lunch , it's generally rice (half a plate) with some vegetables stew &/ or chicken. after that i get another mug of coffee & milk , plate of fruit or a biscuit or 2 or chocolate [after 8 or reese's peanut butter cup] with the coffee .
i am an emotional eater !! & for the last 4 weeks i have been eating a lot of cakes & sweets , mainly after lunch, i haven't gained any wt. YET & i need to make sure not to ..
so .. what changes can i do to my diet ?? can i lose 5-6 kg within 2 months ?
will appreciate the help :)

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I never had much success until I started logging every calroie as accurately as I could, just my $.02, and since you are on a calorie counting website you will find that most people are going to tell you to do just that. These are some great reads for beginners:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Also, try to make friends with similar interests and lifestyle as you and you can get all sorts of tips from them.

Best wishes~
  • KettyLoyd
    KettyLoyd Posts: 51
    Options
    I think you have to increase the timing of a daily walk and also start doing exercise. Take calories according to your body need only. Excess calories can also be the reason behind fat. Proper check your diet intake and your weight to keep your body on track. You have to moderate your diet carefully. Don't only sit all the time do anything simply walk, it's good to do conditioning workouts.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It isn't what you eat, it is how much you eat. So, you do have to keep track somewhat. Yes, some people do successfully lose weight without counting every calorie, but you will have better success if you do. Eating too little isn't healthy either.

Read the links people have posted above and learn.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more :) If you cannot just guess at how much you need to limit your calories, then it is time to start tracking calories, sorry. I would suggest you aim at losing these 5 kilos in about 3 months, there is no reason to push yourself harder than this. Once you reach this goal then you can figure out if you are happy at this weight or wish to go further. I am the same height as you, and I suspect you might want to lose a few more kilos to really see the change and to be closer to ideal, but without a ton to lose you do not have to make that drastic changes either, and no reason to aim for losing fast.
  • Jburch1982
    Jburch1982 Posts: 17
    Options
    Track what your putting in your body. I know this is a calorie counting site but you also need to focus on more than calories. You don't want to get caught up in one thing and be putting to many carbs and sugars in your body. Counting calories is good though because 3500 cal = 1 pound. So in general if take in 2000 cal and burn 2500 you do that for 7 days you should lose 1 pound.
  • Ran_gh
    Ran_gh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the helpful links & tips .. i really appreciate it ..
    i started counting calories yesterday, it's not as complicated as i thought .
    i went quickley through the links & there's 2 things i need to get right,
    1st - MFP set me a goal of 1200cal each day, i might get a lower calories in at some days , so do i have to keep eating till i meet the goal or what ?if i eat less than 1200 cal a day will it make losing wt. Harder ?
    Another thing , abt the macronutreints .. how to know which food is rich with it ? Is there any links explaining this ?