I am SO disappointed in myself.

Options
2»

Replies

• dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am saying this with all good intentions - I hope that you were able to learn something from this...

The main takeaway I would have is that you should 1. find your motivation in your daily life, not in the gym 2. remember that to lose weight ALL you need is a calorie deficit 3. if you lose your gym membership again you have NO excuse to gain weight.

There should be no reason why a relatively healthy person can not lose weight with a moderate, appropriate calorie deficit.

Granted working out is nice and fun and great for your overall health and yes you should do it. But to lose weight just make sure you are eating less than you burn!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 pounds twice only to regain it all back. It has taken me awhile to try to get back to make the decision to try again. I know it is hard. You can do it.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    you can do it... walk, walk and walk some more.... i go to my local recreation center but I have also been walking on my breaks at work including lunch... we have all been in the same boat.. lose, gain lose again...

good luck on your journey...
  • dmaert
    dmaert Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Quit beating yourself up and just get back on track. Today is a new day! You can do it. Rather than think about looking good for college think about making yourself more healthy so you can tackle what ever may come your way, including that pair of pants that doesn't fit. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just happens and it's easy to lose focus. Just get back in the saddle!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yup...quit beating yourself up. You got side tracked. It happens. I got side tracked for 4 months. I had lost 50 lbs and gained 21 of that back. You know what it was, all a learning experience. See it as that. Keep going. Have faith and believe in yourself.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It happens.

First, you don't HAVE to have a gym membership to lose weight. Calories in is the main concern in weight loss. So get the eating in order. But I'm sure you can do *something* active where you don't have to go to the gym to do it. Online fitness videos, walking or running outside, power walk at the mall if it is too hot out, etc.....
  • liveandlove788
    Options
    So you hit a slump...that's part of being human! Look at it in terms of only being able to get better. No, you may not be at your goal weight by the time school starts, but hey at least you realized what you did and admitted to it to the point of wanting a a change again...that's way better then just giving up. Maybe figuring out a reward system could help. Keep those pants that didn't fit and when they do fit properly, treat yourself to a cute top to go with them.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I can't do pictures, but this is what I try to remind myself every time I slip up:

http://approachanxiety.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/What-success-looks-like.jpg

Success isn't a straight line. It's a journey. As long as you don't give up, as long as you don't call it quits for good, every step you make in the right direction is a step towards your ultimate goal.
    This is awesome!!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't help myself. :wink:

start+diet+later.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't help myself. :wink:

start+diet+later.gif

Oh that's just wrong...and by wrong...I mean, really funny!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Pat yourself on the back for sitting up and taking note now and not in 20/30/50lbs time :wink: There are so many great workouts on You Tube for free :smile:
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We all fall of the ship sometime. You have to just get back on there and keep going. It's very hard and it's not going to be easy, at least in my case, it's not easy.
    Know that you have friends on here and that you are not the only person feeling this way. It's a long road, a hard road, but I promise you that it'll be worth it. I've found that this is the BEST support system you can have with the people here on MFP. Sometimes the people in our lives just don't get it. But on here, 99.9% of people get it because we've all be there. We've had these thoughts, these "slips", these bad phases.
    Don't give up, keep fighting! You have much love on here from complete strangers that will become friends.
    We get you, we love you!
    :wink:
  • sch1994
    sch1994 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I always do the same, dont get to disheartened, try to find work outs that you feel you can do at home, even if its just a walk a day, its still getting your body moving! :)

Theres so many people in the same boat! it has taken me a long time of going off and on the track again to lose 30lbs! so dont worry its all fine! keep your chin up and get back on it, you will feel so much better for it :)

hope everything goes well!
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there, as far as my concern you should try this http://bit.ly/1iVzT3a i recommended this to you because it is very effective and natural and If you begin using this somewhat unusual tip starting today you can literally expect to drop up to 3 dress sizes inside of a week, You’ll also see how this unusual tip allows you to strategically eat the foods you crave most, and still experience the slimmest, sexiest waistline of your life. Plus, you’ll also learn which common foods touted as “healthy” can make losing a single pound virtually impossible for women. Now I totally get it if you think you’ve heard and tried it all when it comes to dieting and weight loss but I completely guarantee you’ve NEVER seen anything like this before and I promise you’re about to be absolutely amazed Listen, before you visit the page let me assure you this has nothing to do with silly exercise machines, cardio, restrictive or pre-packaged diets, or whatever weird berry pill the diet industry is talking about these days. This is something completely different and you’re going to love it.

Hi there... I am a user of Venus Factor. I love being there. Hope to see you around someday http://venusbuddy.wordpress.com/