Pushing 40 and Trying to Drop the Weight!!

Options
After birthin' three yungins over the last 15 years, it's time to get the pounds off. Is it true your metabolism slows down after 35? What can we do to bring it back up? Tired of being fat with a "great personality". Ready to be hot and sexy and almost 40!!

Replies

• little_schmidt
    little_schmidt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sadly its true. And every body is different so what works for one person doesnt always work for the next. I've heard (and in the process of trying it myself) balance protein with complex carbs (potatoes, rice, NOT PASTA) and then all the fruit and veggies you want, helps boost your metabolism. Plus you eat small frequent meals of these proteins and complex carbs and it causes your metabolism to ramp up, and your body eats your stored fat as fuel instead of muscle and stuff. Don't quote me though, I'm only 23 :)
    Feel free to add me if you like. Otherwise, good luck on the sexy 40's !!!!!
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hey!

I'm 41 now, but it was approaching my 40th and having had 3 boys, i had to admit to myself that I was definitely not looking good, or feeling good.

I realise now how much I took for granted the ability to just cut back for a few days to shed any excess in my 20's. It is harder now and requires more thinking, but that said I feel the best I ever have and i definitely feel the sexiest in my 40's than at any other time lol.

For me it was finding a sport/exercise that i enjoyed and making little changes over a long period of time - finding what worked for me. You can do it, and you will sure appreciate your health and hotness all the more :-D
  • Ready4thanewme
    Ready4thanewme Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Fellow pushing 40er here and yes everything says after 35 it's much harder. :( However I've never been one to play by the rules so I'm going for it anyway lol. Everything I'm doing is with the idea of a countdown to my 40th. Turning 37 and being this out of shape made something click inside me. I was like Fat 40 or Fit 40. I'm changing that a to an I and going for fit 40. So just to let you know you're not alone. There's more than 100 weeks til my 40th. And if I go for simply losing 1 pound per week then that's 100 pounds lost. So at least your starting now. You can and you will do it!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yes, your metabolism may have slowed down a bit but it IS possible. I just turned 40.

Measure and log your food, follow your macros, talk to a doctor, find an exercise you like, and get going! You CAN do it. I see you have chosen to lose 110 lbs. There are communities with that specific goal that have helped me immensely. Best of luck!
  • ejay75
    ejay75 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im 40 next year so decided I will try and be fab at 40 not fat at 40, good luck on your journey :)
  • MulliganOBX
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight on and off, for the last two years (since I had my daughter). I did lose the baby weight (18 lbs) plus about another 25 lbs before setting up this account. But it is tough!

The best thing I can do to ensure success: Just keep logging my food everyday, exercise (walking right now) on most day, sleep the best I can (kiddo and husband sometimes don't let that happen) and stay positive! I truly believe is the small successes that add up to the final result.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't believe a word of it. I'm 42 now.

sw 200
    age 40
    gw 150
    age 41
    now 124 age 42

I also have a severe lung condition that impairs my physical activity and Ive still accomplished what I set out to do and surpassed it. It can be done. Is it an easy road...nope, but it is worth it. As most have said log everything and when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING!!! Bite, taste, lick, and morsel that passes your lips goes on record. Eventually it will get easier. Don't cut foods be realistic with what you eat. I eat pizza, pasta, potatoes, ice cream, cake, brownies and candy. As a matter of fact my hubby bought me Pixes for our anniversary and I allot myself 3 Pixies a night. No more. Moderation is always key and if it fits my macros. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mspianomistress
    Options
    I turn 39 this August and have struggled with being on the heavier side for most of my adult life. I just had my first child last year, so now I'm dealing with extra belly fat as well. If I do have another child, I'd love to drop this weight beforehand, as I had gestational diabetes. I have a pretty active job and do get a lot of exercise at work, but it's the food that does me in. I love to eat! If anyone needs buddy, I could use a few on here. I have a couple of friends on here but they haven't been active.