From last summer to today (what a difference w/ pics)

Options

Replies

• tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You deserve all the good things that are filling up your life! :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You. Gorgeous. Inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    0134bdce-ba7b-43cd-bdf6-2592cf94bb37_zps3c451407.jpg

20142014_zpsaeb1fae6.jpg

This time last summer I was unhappy, unhealthy and completely miserable. I didn't love or respect myself or my decisions and I didn't really care if I lived. It took some a major wake up call for the real me to wake up and take action. Very few people know this but I'm going to put it out there because you never know who could be in the same situation as I was in. Last May I was on the brink of suicide. After 10 years in an abusive relationship and numbing myself with food and self hate, you can only be told your worthless, lazy and ugly so many times before you start to believe it yourself, multiply that by 10 years. All this added up to me not caring what happened to my future and I mentally checked out. I think I hid my real self to protect myself from further harm. It got to the point where I didn't know who I was or what I wanted in life and at that time I didn't care if I lived any more. In fact I didn't want to live the way I was I felt everyone would be better off without me.

Fast forward a year and I'm now happily divorced and in a relationship with an amazing guy, whom some of you have met! I have never been happier! I'm to the point now where when I look in the mirror I see me and not the person I was. I have passion and I have plans for my future, things I never thought I would have again. It takes courage to face your fears and to get over obstacles that you never thought you were capable of conquering but sometimes you have to push yourself past your comfort zone in order to reach that finish line, even if you can't see it! If I can take back my life then what's stopping you from taking back yours?

Thank you all for all your support and prayers!

Glad to see that you found your twin that was hiding all this time.

Congratulations, let the past stay in the past and live for the future. We could all say if only I had done it years ago, but guess what, you have lost the weight, you are looking radiant and the future for once is finally a lot brighter than it was this time last year.

Well done
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    So happy with your progress and that you had both the internal and external strength to go for your goals, to fight for yourself.
    You certainly should be proud of yourself and how far you've come.

I hope you've thought of something to celebrate your evolution. have a spectacular Friday the 13th and weekend.
    Kiki:flowerforyou:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you go girl, congratulations on your success, keep dreaming, your are transforming and simotaneously inspiring!
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the life change! You look amazing!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You look amazing!!
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    whoa. You are one courageous and blessed lady---you have overcome so many challenges ---the weight is the icing on the cake. You look great and have so much life to live and enjoy---thank you for your honest, heart felt vulnerability--it is very encouraging and inspiring that loving thyself, is so very important--continued blessings, healing and peace
  • discofrog88
    discofrog88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic such an inspiration
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Congrats on the weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SO INSPIRING! !
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    What a beauty! Your facial features just POP! Congrats on your success!!!
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. It takes a lot of courage to build the life you want, and you're killing it!
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress-you rock!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You look amazing...so happy you are looking out for yourself and are happy and healthy :-) Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!