~Newbie, looking for friends~

Options
Hello everyone!
Im new here and looking for some friendly support. I will access the iphone app daily and looking forward to not going down this road alone = ) Im in my 20s, no spouse or kids... hell, I dont even have a puppy lol SO, I can use all the motivation I can get. I am hoping to lose around 40 pounds. I would love to connect with anyone heading down the same bumpy path as me!
Thanks! Hope to talk to some of you soon

Replies

• chrystal86
    Options
    hello and welcome to mfp its good to see some new faces! . im heading down the same path as you my goal is 126lbs . and so far with the help of weight watchers and my hubby keeping me motivated i lost 6.8lbs. tomorrow i go to my second meeting. im hoping to get there before the storm is here. how about in your neck of the woods are you getting alot of snow?. i was going to go to saturdays meeting . cause during the week can be kind of crazy in my apartment. my goal is 114lbs . my dad thinks i would be to skinny but im already short, im 5'2. anyway if you ever looking for a friend to talk to message me i also have aim my screen name is angelinchains07. good luck in reaching your goal!:smile:
  • bobbiewright
    Options
    Good LUCK and welcome this sight is great and there is so much support form everyone. It helps a lot just to see the wonderful words from everyone. Good day or Bad :happy:
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll be very happy with MFP... I've tried Sparkpeople, Daily Burn and Weight Watchers online and this site is my fav out of all of those. I'm in a similar boat as you - except I'm in my 30s w/50lbs to lose. Good luck and congrats on taking the first step towards a healthy new you! :-D
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!!!:smile:
  • cherbear7
    Options
    Thank You for the warm welcome!! I am so excited to get started and even more excited that there are people to hold me accountable lol and yes... I have a lot of snow outside, looks like no gym tomorrow. Im thinking P90X instead =)
  • smilestb99
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined last Monday and the people on here are great! I am also in my 20's (okay 29) haha, and my longterm goal is 105 pounds. Long ways to go! Feel free to add me as a friend. I can use all the help i can get too, and I would love to help motivate you!:flowerforyou:
  • Shayla888
    Options
    Feel Free to Add ME....I have great food recipes to share if you need some....I just started couple days ago and lost 5 pounds already
  • amethystprincess
    amethystprincess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose and long way to go, so I could really use the support from everyone. So far I have been lucky in finding a lot of very friendly people on this site who are always willing to give you a good job.
  • BlondeNklutzi
    BlondeNklutzi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm working on a lot more weight than you, but we are all in the same boat pretty much! I've only been using the message boards a few days and I've seen a lot of great supportive people!
  • Meaghan_91
    Meaghan_91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heyyy, I'm pretty new here too. Not quite in my 20's yet...but I will be next month! I definitely have some weight to lose though, and wouldn't mind the support as well. So I'll definitely wish you the best of luck!!