Home page keeps saying 0 pounds lost??

Options
cgrand18
cgrand18 Posts: 9 Member
I just rejoined 2 weeks ago and have lost 1.4 each week and have updated it each week. My graph shows the change, but my home page shows 0 pounds lost. Well, isn't that discouraging to look at every time I log in everyday! I know it isn't the truth, but still!!! What's the deal people???

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When you restarted 2 weeks ago was your weight higher than your origional start weight when you made your profile the first time? thats the only thing I can think of.
  • cgrand18
    Options
    Yes. It is higher now than when I left a 18 months ago. So it won't start tracking my weight loss until I am what I weighed 18 months ago. That is quite a bummer. Silly.....what if I had had a baby???
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I know it's not ideal but you could deactivate this account and create a new one. That'll start your ticker over.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a problem with their ticker and metrics. I asked this question in the help section after I added some old weight data and couldn't figure out what data it was using. I was told it uses the oldest weight as the starting weight. However sometimes it still says #'s that seem off.
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Click your "My Home" tab. Then, go to "Check-In" underneath that where you log your weight. At the bottom, right above the "Save Changes" button, there is a link that says "Edit Previous Entries". You can change your starting weight there and that should help by showing the pounds you've lost recently.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    yea dont delete your account! just edit your previous weight entries or delete them. That is what i did!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Click your "My Home" tab. Then, go to "Check-In" underneath that where you log your weight. At the bottom, right above the "Save Changes" button, there is a link that says "Edit Previous Entries". You can change your starting weight there and that should help by showing the pounds you've lost recently.
    Yep - just go change your starting weight. Easy-peasy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You can actually go in and change your history. I believe you can also delete all those old numbers.
  • SaraSaraBoBeara
    SaraSaraBoBeara Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Thank you! I was having this same issue as well. Also had a baby recently and am higher than I was when I first joined. Like OP, I know the truth but it sucks seeing a big fat zero there! Fixed it! Woot.
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can easily fix the ticker.

Click on "Apps"
    Click on "Tickers"
    Click on "Update your weight data"

Change your starting weight.

Click "Save Changes"

Done!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy mine doesn't say 1.4 pounds gained :)
  • cgrand18
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!
  • betty001
    betty001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Go into your settings and change your start weight. That's what I didn.