Where were you during the OJ Simpon verdict?

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I was 4. This thread is full of old people.

:tongue:

:angry: Stop or I'll hit you with my cane and throw my Depends at you!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I was in my fifth grade classroom, our teacher put it on the radio. Wow, I haven't thought about that in forever.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was doing a post-partum home visit during nursing school and the client's tv was on. I can't believe I've been a nurse for that long.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I was 5.
    Most likely playing with toys.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options

:angry: Stop or I'll hit you with my cane and throw my Depends at you!
    And I'm sure I have a pager I can throw at him!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Along with some LP's!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    He did it!!!!!!!
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Third or fourth grade... I remember our teachers pulled out a TV and had us watch it live. Then used the entire trial as a lesson for teaching us about the Justice system.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I was in kindergarten.
  • sassycraftyfit
    Options
    7th Grade English Class. We listened to the verdict on the radio.

How crazy is that, though, that class stopped so we could hear the verdict of a murder trial. When does that ever happen nowadays?!
  • stamdl
    stamdl Posts: 1
    Options
    I was at a workshop full of CPAs. They actually wheeled in a TV into the lunch banquet room and we all watched. How bizarre is that?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    IN!! b4 ninerbuff locks it for being divisive:flowerforyou: :wink:

:laugh:
  • dubster
    dubster Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was on a live call in radio show promoting my business and taking calls live. 10 min. into the show the verdict came in. The host of the show got signaled out of the studio and everyone outside the glass in the studio started running around, jumping on computers printing out the story. The phones stopped ringing and I had to adlib the rest of the show by myself. Until they broke in to the broadcast with the breaking story. I finished the show not knowing I was off the air talking into a dead mic.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Picking up my keys in the rental office, about to move into my very first apartment.
  • H2Okblight
    H2Okblight Posts: 117
    Options
    in Germany
  • Abe98277
    Abe98277 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was in the Navy at Aircraft Fire Fighting School at NAS Whidbey Island. They interrupted our class to tell us the verdict. They just had a special the other night on Dateline about it, too!
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    October 3, 1995

I was 8 years old and in 3rd grade. Too young to talk about that stuff with. I probably overheard some things from the adults but nobody talked directly to me about it.

Where was I? At home or at school depending on what time of day it was...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the trail at all. I was 14.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was at work, and heard a lot of people cheering and clapping their hands. And I wondered why they were doing that.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I was thinking there is a bunch of young kids on this thread lol.

I was working nights on a shut down and got to work and was told about it. The superintendent was LIVID!!!!
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I didn't know much about the trial (still don't), but I remember I was in 7th grade and I was in lunch when we heard the verdict. I think there was a radio in the lunchroom that the teachers were listening to. Most of the people I heard talk about it were surprised, but I was only 12 years old and I wasn't all that interested.