I want out of living in fat...

Options
Hey This is totally new to me in losing weight.. I have done the diet pills and just work out and still eat unhealthy.... I want a new me back... Hope i meet people on here to help to encourage and for me to do the same for them..:wink:

Replies

• lucky1472
    Options
    This site is a great place to get lots of encouragement, just keep telling yourself that you can do it and it is going to take time. That was my biggest hurdle, I gained the weight so easily that I thought losing it would be just as easy. (I was very wrong)
    If you want you can add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to reach our goals.:smile:
  • TheGraciousPantry
    Options
    You CAN do this! You just have to be kind to yourself in the process. You have to allow yourself the time it takes for your taste buds to adjust to truly healthy foods, and you have to honestly push yourself at working out, without going overboard and causing an injury. Your health has to become the true focus in everything you do. A way of life, from moment to moment. It has to be a primary concern in everything you do. Basically, you have to want it bad enough to go out and get it.

I've lost 41 lbs so far, and I thought there was no hope for me at all when I started. Now, I can't believe I ever lived any other way. I feel so much better, and look better too. In fact, my doctor just took me off of one of my meds, and in a few weeks, I'll be tapering off of the last medication. I'm so excited that the changes I've worked so hard to make are actually making a big enough difference for me to stop taking medication.

You CAN do this!
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP fam! we are all about support here and this is an excellent place to start.. you just have to stick with it! Also add tons of friends so we can overflow your mail box with email notifications when you disappear.. lol
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Stay away from fads and pills (Unless doctor subscribed). Just do what your mother taught you, portion control. Many good people and some great tools here.

I wish you much success and happiness as well.
  • WalkwithMeLord
    Options
    Thank you for replying to my post... I am taking in everything you all are saying.... I am glad..that I have found this app on my phone first. I will definitely keep in touch and keep up.. iam truly excited..My bday is tomorrow and this is the best gift I can receive to help me on my weight...( unstead of buying a new gurdle)...lol... i will add you all to my friends.. or just add me.. I have to figure out how to do that next...
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    WalkwithmeLord-you came to the right place. It's like coming home. We're all in the same situation.That's why we're on here.I would be honored to have you as my friend. We need other Christians to prod us on. Happy losing.