Where were you during the OJ Simpon verdict?

Options

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Watching a softball game.
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    I don't remember
  • LexingtonBadger
    LexingtonBadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was 13, cleaning my room while listening to the radio on my brand new ghetto blaster that I got for my birthday a few days before.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I worked in a computer lab on a college campus--we had the radio on and were standing around listening to the verdict too.
  • mncodergal
    mncodergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's been 20 years already. For the 'chase', I was living in Ohio at the time, sitting on my ottoman in front of the tv with my daughter thinking I should be packing for our drive up to Minnesota. We even listened to it in the car until it ended. I wanted a nap then. LOL
    For the verdict, I was still in Ohio and as soon as it was announced a verdict was coming I left work, drove like a mad woman home, hubby had take-out lunch(dinner) all ready, and we sat and watched.
    Needless to say I was absolutely stunned. Then pissed.
    I'm so glad he's (now) where he should have been all those years ago.

My childhood home is not too far from Nicole's condo. Yikes!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I was in 5th grade, we had multiple class discussions on the trail, but I don't remember what I was doing when they announced the verdict.
  • kala_rebecca
    Options
    I remember my parents talking about it, but I really don't remember where I was during the verdict. I was 5, so maybe in kindergarten or playing with my toys.
  • surferxterra
    surferxterra Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In the womb
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sitting in hs math class. My teacher turned on the TV, telling us that we would be talking about this moment for the rest of our lives.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Like many in this thread I will be honest and say I don't know, i remember the chase but the trial had no impact on my life at that time, Princess Di dying, the Omagh, Shankill bombs and 9/11 affected me more
  • christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Like many in this thread I will be honest and say I don't know, i remember the chase but the trial had no impact on my life at that time, Princess Di dying, the Omagh, Shankill bombs and 9/11 affected me more

This!!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    At home, taking care of my newborn son - I did watch quite a bit of the trial since I wasn't working.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    High school... Was about 30 minutes after lunch period ended. We had an open campus... A few friends stayed out at a convenience store to watch the verdict.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I was in third grade. Obviously, it wasn't important to me then
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    LOL, I was in middle school. We were outside on the track in Phys Ed ... probably attempting to run the mile (I never ran that thing). I remember our teacher called us over to the concession stand and said ... "The verdict is in for OJ! Guilty or not guilty?" Almost everyone was like ... "Guilty!!" Ha. Surprise!! He told us and we were all just kind of like ... "Whaaaat?!"
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    At work. Only most of us weren't working, we were standing around watching the damned thing on TV.

I had just started a new job and just come out of training so I was the least busy.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was having myself some Ritz crackers snacks in Kindergarten. HOLLA
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Working as an electrician's assistant during summer break at Baldwin-Wallace College. We were in the college union, watching on a (then) big screen tv.