tell me all yo tips

Options
Hi! My name is Erica, I am 21 years old, about 5'10". I first began my fitness journey in July of 2013. From the end of July to December/January, I lost 50 pounds. I fell off the wagon and ate like crap from then up until last month. I started at 271, dropped to 220 and ended up at 253 after months of horrible dieting and no exercise. I began tracking and exercising again about three weeks ago and I am at 243 currently. I just wanna hear some success stories and how you got there! What would be your best advice to someone who's trying to stay committed and lose weight effectively? Any good meal/snack ideas? Post 'em here!

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Click on my picture, go to my profile and read the "about me." Those are my tips. :]
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Click on my picture, go to my profile and read the "about me." Those are my tips. :]

Wow reading that was awesome. I have a real issue with restriction sometimes and it makes me feel good to know that I shouldn't feel bad for indulging sometimes. I appreciate your outlook! No wonder you've been so successful!
  • shrinkingmichelle
    shrinkingmichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Every morning before brushing my teeth I drink 2 glass of water :)
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I've heard drinking water first thing in the morning is really good! im definitely gonna start doing that
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food, precision is important.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
    For me I pick one thing and subsitute it with another. This will be different for each of us. I have not approached weight loss as a diet. I pick one thing to change, subsitute it with something healthier, make it a habit and then pick another thing.

For example: no coffee, I drink herbal tea. I swapped sweet ice tea for water and lemon, One hour of tv for one hour Zumba, Fried for baked, the list goes on.

I always have a subsitute, I never quit cold turkey. Sometimes it happens in stages. Ice cream was swapped for frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt to yogurt. Yogurt to greek yogurt. I now eat a serving of greek yogurt, with fruit, cocoa covered almonds and feel like I did when I ate a bowl of ice cream. It's very enjoyable.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    thanks for all the tips you guys! its much appreciated :)
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Eat properly .. move More (G.O.Y.A)
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've found that planning ahead is key for me. I plan meals for the week before grocery shopping. I fill out my food diary the day before or that morning (and put my calories in the red if I plan to work out that day, to give extra incentive to follow through). This helps me get my desired number of calories and macro percentages. I have a workout schedule, and barring emergencies or illness, I stick to it. I don't force myself to eat things I hate, and I eat less healthy foods in moderation--nothing is off limits, since I don't plan to cut out those foods/drinks permanently. I still have dessert most nights and an occasional soda or small bag of chips. My food diary is open to friends, and if you'd like to take a look, send me a friend request. :-)
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    thanks guys! I am aware of the basics- (calories in vs. calories out, weighing and tracking food correctly, becoming more active in general, ect.) but pre planning meals is something I've tried in the past and kinda fell short on. imma give that a try, thanks guys!