Hello there!

Options
Hi all! My name is Lisa and I have hit the " oh crap I'm almost 40 and losing weight ain't so easy anymore" brick wall. So I'm hoping that being part of a program such as this might help me stay motivated. Im mommy to a very energetic and precocious 3 year old girl, a teacher, and wife. I recently stopped taking Lexapro(which caused a ton of weight gain) and am now trying to drop the 40 lbs I gained. I'm an endomorph which makes this process even more challenging. So there it is in a nutshell. .....hope this works for me. cheers

Replies

• lblair31374
    Options
    I'm very much like you. I had my weight loss epiphany two months before my 40th birthday. I also have an endomorph body type. I've been tracking food and exercise for 135 days and I'm slowly and steadily losing.

Just keep at it, take it one day at a time and keep it fun. Good luck!
  • kateos1980
    kateos1980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Similar story here.

I'm approaching 35. Mom to 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son. I am on Cipralex (same drug, just a different name here in Canada) for depression and anxiety. I haven't found the weight gain as a side effect. It was primarily the binge eating that got me here ;)

Over the past 2 years, I have watched my mom transition through the phases of the gastric bypass surgery. Some may consider it the easy way out, but it certainly is not. I also work in pharmacy and see the terrible results of poor diet choices and inactive lifestyles everyday. I have finally told myself to smarten up, else I'm headed down a road I would rather not travel.