'Before' pics???

Options

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I took my before pics the other day from every angle possible (in sports bra and short-shorts). Believe me, they were not the least bit flattering but I could really "see" myself. I look forward to taking monthly pictures to track my progress. As for posting the pictures, I'll wait to do that after I see a significant difference and I have some good "in progress" or after pictures.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Yes do, I took mine the other day. It will give you a true look at yourself, if you are like me, you may not “feel” fat, you may feel that you are still that thin in shape person you remember as a young man, just maybe a little over weight. DON’T LISTEN TO THAT VOICE, look at your pic everyday so you have no illusion as to what shape you are really in. If you have a pic of yourself in the shape you want to get back into, it’s not a bad idea to have that on the bathroom mirror next to the fat you, you want a positive goal to strive for, not just a negative image to run from.
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Okay this is me 2 years ago on my 21st birthday!
    100_3498-1.jpg

Yeah, i felt and looked like crap!

This is me around 38 kg lighter..I still look a bit crap, but im working towards my final goal of 78/79!
    20iypeu.jpg
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think you should take them too. I just took my before pictures this past weekend. It was disturbing. I couldn't even look at them. It definitely is motivation to keep going!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Cygnus - you look like a totally different man! WTG!
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Cygnus - you look like a totally different man! WTG!

aww fanks!
  • F4play
    F4play Posts: 21
    Options
    I took photos every week front middle and back for 2 years...like an addict stick them all next too each other and boy does it motivate you when you need it most...Ive change my profile pic to give you an idea Good luck
  • Serenity79
    Options
    Wow, amazing!!
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I agree take them. Yes, it may be shudder-inducing at first, but I find that it's hard to tell how your body's changed by just looking in the mirror everyday. Taking those pics, then taking another set in say, a month, you can physically see how your body's changed and it's a great motivating factor, especially if you feel like your efforts aren't going anywhere. I find these pics especially motivating when I don't see as many pounds coming off the scale because many times when this is happening, you're losing inches like crazy, and I've always teased, I don't mind if I weigh 300lbs if I look like I weigh 150! lol. So yeah, just take them, but you don't have to post them if you don't feel comfy with that.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Believe me you will want to take them to wonder at once you have lost weight. I am so happy that I had someone take mine before I started. It's nice to show people the before pictures and hear the wonderful things they say about how I look now.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I didn't take them, but I wish I would have. You'll always want them once you have after pics. They'll show how far you have come.

This!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    before pics are there for a reason...trust me mine aren't beautiful either...but you'll regret it if you don't take them...especially if you can't tell how much you've lost, or what you look like now. nobody but you needs to see them...nobody but me has seen mine...I don't know if i can post them on here after I reach my goal weight lol...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    :blushing: sorry I double posted
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    110% yes! I saw a picture of me that someone else had posted on FB and tipping the scales near 270 it was the most disgusting thing that I ever saw.. and the best. It made me realize how unhealthy I really had become (even though I knew, seeing really is believing). So, in December when another picture was taken at a birthday party I was able to see the differences.

I found that these pictures are great motivational tools. 1) the first picture reminds me of how I do not want to be and 2) the second shows me how far I've come so far in my journey. I will be doing another picture Feb 1 for another comparison. And, when you feel like you can't do it anymore... look at your pictures.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Definately take some! I have to go stalking my friends facebook albums to find before pictures of myself. Back then, any picture taken of me was instantly detagged.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    Dude, you have made awesome progress. I have a before picture and an after picture exactly one year apart on the same day.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    Just wondering whether its a good idea to take 'before' pics. Being male its not gunna be flattering? Want something to guage my success on thou. help.

I wish I would have. I only have this one that a friend had and sent to me.

This is me about 10 years ago at ~250
    cea347245954b081914236ebf958365a_12135052.jpg

This is me on 12/16 at 198
    1017f0f4c5b0672ede66c42bccf77d9d_12135138.jpg
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Definately take them...I have some from my original starting weight a year or so ago and I can definately see the difference...and it's a heck of a motivator!
  • Zoomer2
    Zoomer2 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you everybody, I did take some before pics and errrm find them a bit risque LOL but they are a great motivator and I will be looking back at them often (hopefully), thanks again
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest motivators to start this new lifestyle change was when we took Christmas pictures this year. I wanted to cry when I saw them, and I did cry later. The only reason I won't destroy those pictures as soon as I receive them is to keep them as "before" pictures -- I was at my heaviest, and three days later I joined this site and started the change.

They're good to have as motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!