Do you burn more calories by sitting in a hottub?? :)

Options
I'm house sitting for friends and they have a lovely hottub on their deck. LOVING IT!!!!
I went over today by 14 calories. I think they'll burn off in the hot tub. What do you think???

(The things we do to make ourselves feel better eh!!!)

P.S.
Yes, I Am Canadian EH!!!

Replies

• marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm house sitting for friends and they have a lovely hottub on their deck. LOVING IT!!!!
    I went over today by 14 calories. I think they'll burn off in the hot tub. What do you think???

(The things we do to make ourselves feel better eh!!!)

P.S.
    Yes, I Am Canadian EH!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, burning calories in a hot tub? How about you do ten jumping jacks and then get in the hot tub? I'm sure that will burn off those 14 pesky calories...:tongue:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'm not sure if hottubs burn calories. Would be nice if it did though! :laugh:

But I wouldn't worry about 14 calories. It's not an exact science, and in the long run 14 calories is not going to make a difference. :wink:
  • marskids
    Options
    I'm not worrying. I'm just looking for another excuse to get in the hot tub again.!!! :)
    (not that I need an excuse...but if it works)
    I think we should start a new fitness program: Hot-tub-ercise. Who's in??? Soup? Carrie? Tam?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you run back and forth in the hot tub it will burn those extra calories... just a thought:ohwell:

jackie (jackeh.... the eh cause im canadian too)
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm not worrying. I'm just looking for another excuse to get in the hot tub again.!!! :)
    I think we should start a new fitness program: Hot-tub-ercise. Who's in??? Soup? Carrie? Tam?

I tried looking up exercise calories for hot tubbing...it's not there :sad:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    jackie (jackeh.... the eh cause im canadian too)

LOL that has confused me since the first time I saw one of your posts...thank goodness I finally know! lol
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

I'm in...now who's going to provide me with a hot tub! You lucky girl! Enjoy that hot tub while you can! Who cares if it burns calories...just enjoy it...and don't let yourself indulge in chocolate and wine while you're in there lol...(that's what I'd want to do...lol)
  • marskids
    Options
    Oh Man- that's exactly what I wanted to do. Foiled again!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Oh Man- that's exactly what I wanted to do. Foiled again!!!

Lol, well okay then...just do ummm like 500 jumping jacks first lol
  • marskids
    Options
    Jack-EH,
    Too funny because when I saw your name on another post I automatically said Jack EH.
  • marskids
    Options
    Hey Laura,
    I think that our new "Hot-tub-ercise" program states that anything consumed while in a hot tub automatically burns off during consumption. :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Hey Laura,
    I think that our new "Hot-tub-ercise" program states that anything consumed while in a hot tub automatically burns off during consumption. :)

Oh well they by all means lol
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one here with my mind in the gutter, cause I can think of A LOT of things to do in a hot tub to burn off some calories.....:wink::tongue:
  • marskids
    Options
    I'm by myself. My mind is no where near the gutter. Speaking of bowling, that would burn calories!!!