• sweetiev
    Options
    What is CLA?
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    congegated lionic acid or something like that, its natural safflower oil
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    under tonalin brand, i get it from a web site , just wondering if anyone else out there has used it
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    under tonalin brand, i get it from a web site , just wondering if anyone else out there has used it

I've taken it but I couldn't really tell you if it worked or did anything.
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    takes a while to start working, maybe a month or so
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    I take CLA and F10's ~ twice daily.
    They seem to be working for me.
    For anyone wondering....F10 is an intake fat burner and CLA is a stored fat burner.
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    what is an intake fat burner? f10?
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    i noticed cla helps take inches off mid section, not so much actual loss in pounds though
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    CLA – conjugated linoleic acid. A trail lasting 1 year, 180 overweight males and females were randomly given either CLA-free fatty acid, CLA-triacylglycerol or a placebo. Researchers found that the average body mass in the CLA-triacylglycerol and CLA-FFA was 9% and 7% lower than the placebo group. Subjects receiving the CLA-FFA had 2% greater LBM than people receiving the placebo.
    These changes were not associated with diet or exercise
  • anthonynormand
    Options
    is the f10 stuff safe? i have found cla to be safe thats one reason i take it.. this f10 stuff im not so sure about
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    F10~Fat incinerator
    Increases Abdominal fat loss by 298%
    Helps crush appetite and cravings
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    F10 is very safe......I have MS and take a lot of meds.....my doctor cleared it with no issues.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    F10 Ingredients

Green tea - 300mg
    N-Acetyl Tyrosine - 100mg
    Raspberry Ketones - 100mg
    Cayenne Pepper - 40mg
    Coleus Forskohlii - 25mg
    Guggulsterones Z & E - 10mg
    Caffeine/Dimethylamylamine/Hordenine - 275mg/30mg/10mg

My first thought is wow...that is a lot of caffeine (and that is coming from someone who take caffeine as a thermogenic). Recommended dosage is 2 caps in the AM and 2 before exercise totaling 1100mg of caffeine in addition to the caffeine in the green tea. Personally I take 200mg in the am and prior to lunch and 100mg in my jack3d. Most aggressive dosage I have seen is 200mg prior to breakfast and before lunch and 400mg 1 hour before exercising (totaling 800mg). Cayenne is about right. Forskolin seems high (recommended around 100mg). In all my reading, never heard of raspberry ketones or N-Acetyl Tyrosine. Doesn't mean they don't do anything, but I would look into them more.
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    My best friends own a Naturally Fit location so I ge all of my info and advice from them......I take it to my doctor and get the ok.
    I was worried about he caffiene intake as well but so far so good. I only take one in the morning and one at dinner time.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    My best friends own a Naturally Fit location so I ge all of my info and advice from them......I take it to my doctor and get the ok.
    I was worried about he caffiene intake as well but so far so good. I only take one in the morning and one at dinner time.
    No offense to your friend, but I have talked to trainers, health food owners and sales people and have been shocked at their recommendations and lack of knowledge. I defense to the health food people, they have to make recommendations for all their products in addition to running their business, so being fully knowledgeable on something rather than relying on the company brochure is a bit of a stretch. Also, doctors are not dietitians. I would much prefer my doc know what that weird bump on my back is rather than if each ingredient is effective. The doc is probably just making sure something won't kill you.
    Doing your own research rather than rely on other's opinions is always preferable.
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is CLA and green tea extract safe to take if you are breastfeeding?
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    We all do what we feel works for us......so far so good for me.
  • tinalangdon
    Options
    Breastfeeding is a weightloss program on it's own.......
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Is CLA and green tea extract safe to take if you are breastfeeding?
    I mean this with the utmost respect, but you are willing to believe some strangers or your physician? When i was talking about a doc being knowledgeable, I was talking about knowing what ingredient is effective. In terms of knowing if an ingredient is safe for breastfeeding...that is definitely their domain.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just started taking it on Sunday so it's too early to tell.