Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nutribullet - Anyone use it?

13»

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member

OP- Was the lawn clippings more the taste or the texture? I think if you want greens to come out really smooth, you need a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative for when my Blendtec dies and so I watch video reviews of how the others do on greens comparatively, and it's never pretty. I can't do stringy or clumpy. But you probably get 3/4 of the ability at 1/4 of the cost with the alternatives, too.

I actually think the Nutribullet does a really good job of blending up the greens.
  • Try some baby spinach or any baby greens, they tend to have a milder flavor, and no tough, stringy stems. I usually just take a washed & dried handful of greens and toss it in a freezer bag along with the other fruits and veggies I'll be using and freeze it. (I think freezing the spinach helps it break down better in the bullet.) Then all I have to do is chuck it all into the bullet with a splash of liquid - no mess, measuring or chopping @ 6 AM is a bonus too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    LOL,, lawn clippings.

When using greens or green veggies the following makes it taste better.

Lemon juice.
    Pineapple juice.
    Raw ginger.
    Celery.
    Cucumber.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member

OP- Was the lawn clippings more the taste or the texture? I think if you want greens to come out really smooth, you need a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I keep looking for a cheaper alternative for when my Blendtec dies and so I watch video reviews of how the others do on greens comparatively, and it's never pretty. I can't do stringy or clumpy. But you probably get 3/4 of the ability at 1/4 of the cost with the alternatives, too.

I actually think the Nutribullet does a really good job of blending up the greens.

http://howtomakeshakes.com/nutribullet-vs-vitamix-side-by-side-comparison-and-blender-review/

Yeah, this review says it's impressive. It might be my next blender. The last one I considered was the Ninja and it didn't stack up so well.