Very large calorie deficits through exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar problem. I now have a lot of free time and love to go on 4+ hours hikes, burning 1000 kcal and more. The problem is two fold as I am 1. not able to eat so many calories 2. especially because hiking shrinks my appetite.

I don't really know what to do, I want this weight loss to be sustainable, but I also want to go on my long hikes. :/

Trail mix! Take a high-calorie snack with you. :)
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have been trying this week to do a very large exercise-based calorie deficit. Inspired by the (unrealistic - I know - yet hugely motivating) TV shows like The Biggest Loser.

I have about 40 lb to lose and I have been working out daily for a about 3-4 months.

I have toned up considerably but lost slowly (I was doing pretty intense weight training), about 10 lb with significant muscle gain. I have been doing 2 spinning classes + 1 hour at the elliptical this week and no weight training. (My usual was weight training 4 x week plus cardio for about 40 mins 3-4 days a week)

I eat quite a bit when I do more cardio, about 2000 calories (my usual is about 1500-1600).

I am 5'4' and 175 pounds. I need to lose 30-40 lb and have dieted/exercised on and off for years. I used to be 130 lb until I gained weight about 7 years ago (I am 35 now).

I burn about 1800 calories on exercise alone with the intense cardio, and my sedentary needs are 1850 calories. I have had about 200-500 total net calories per day on this.

I just need a push to lose more weight.

I can't do a very strict diet.

Id rather exercise more since i am quite fit in spite of being overweight.

My goal is to lose 3-4 lb per week. I know everyone will say "this is unhealthy" but I'd like to hear from people who might have gone this route...

Fixed it.

Though... it's still very rambly... just from the end...

It is not safe to lose 3-4 lb per week. You will not be able to sustain that and you will hurt yourself in the long run. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants