Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good heart rate monitor, one that shows calories burned. I've seen them priced from $50 to $200... and I'm wanting to spend closer to the $50. Any suggestions or ones to avoid?? Better with a chest strap? No chest strap?? Either way is good, or it is not as good??

Also, has anyone tried the "body bug" that they use on The Biggest Loser?

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I just ordered one online so I can let you know once I get it how it's working out for me. :ohwell: I got the new balance Komen one that has no chest straps and it was 50.00
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok Precision, and I like it a lot. Get one with a chest strap, it's said to be more accurate.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i recently posted the same question - i will try to find it and repost here.

the end result was buying the Polar FT7. it was about $100 and came with the chest strap, which is very important.

i LOVELOVELOVE it! worth every penny. easy to use (just had to remember to start it the first time, LOL) and tells me what my calorie burn is a lot better than what MFP calculated.

for example, i did 35 minutes of yoga today and according to HRM, i burned 340 calories. MFP says i burned somewhere in the 100's. BIG difference.

all in all, i highly recommend getting one. i wish i hadn't waited so long :wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
  • kat1139
    kat1139 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi there, I have a Polar F7 and it is fantastic! RRP is around $200 but I got mine for around $115. Worth every last cent. Has a chest strap (more accurate). I love it!!
    Shows calories burnt, heart rate zones, time and also has a dairy.
  • triciary1223
    Options
    Thank you to everyone so much! Very helpful info! :-)