Weight loss stopped. In starvation mode? Please help

Options
My weight loss hasn't really changed in the last two weeks. I'm thinking I should increase calories because different calorie calculators said that maintain my weight at around like 3000 calories per day and I'm eating about 1900 cals and working out 5-6 days a week. What do you think i should do? Increase calories? by how much? and how?

Im 18, 177 lbs, male

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You're not in starvation mode (it's a myth/misunderstanding), weight loss isn't linear. Give it time. 2 weeks is nothing to sweat over.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much muscle mass do you have? What are your workouts and how hard are you going?
  • zachfox13
    zachfox13 Posts: 12
    Options
    im 6ft
    I'm down to probably my last 5-10 lbs to lose to look the way i wanna look (to see my abs)
    My workouts are shortcut to shred by jim stoppani... workout 6 days a week about an hour each pretty intense
  • MagnumBurrito
    Options
    Yeah up those calories by a hundred, two, or three.

Is that a body split routine? Does it have you doing barbell dead lifts or squats?
  • zachfox13
    Options
    bump
  • zachfox13
    Options
    yeah 3 day split with deadlifts and squats..
    What will happen if i increase my calories from like 1900 to 2300..I will gain weight? then if i stay at 2300 calories will i start losing weight then or will i have to decrease calories?
  • MagnumBurrito
    Options
    I really can't predict it. 1900 calories and lifting 6 times a week hard is too low though. You may gain muscle, lose fat and the scale could go up. Or you could lose fat, keep your muscle and the scale go down. Try it for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Just for reference, I'm cutting right now at 2500 calories and I'm 6'3 , 180 lbs. I lift everyday too. In 5 weeks, I've lost 8 lbs.
  • zachfox13
    Options
    Alright man my daily calorie goal went from 1980 to 2230. We'll see how it goes for a couple weeks... So just keep doing the same exercise I'm doing now?
  • zachfox13
    Options
    does increasing calories by 250 per day really make a big difference?
  • MagnumBurrito
    Options
    What lifts are you doing and how much weight, reps, sets?
  • sandmama
    sandmama Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is bunk! A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit. I would look at a couple of things...How much protein are you eating a day and are you weighing your food? Have your eating habits changed and your sodium is way up?
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options
    177lbs at 6' is pretty skinny already...
  • zachfox13
    Options
    Deadlift 3 sets of 2-5 at 275lbs
    Squat 3 sets of 2-5 at 205lbs
    Bench 3 sets of 2-5 at 185
  • MagnumBurrito
    Options
    Yeah man, looks good. See how it goes for a couple weeks.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    177lbs at 6' is pretty skinny already...

Depends on your frame size and your muscle mass. I am 172 at 6' tall right now and I am far from skinny. My profile picture, where I am quite fit but not skinny, yeah I was 155 pounds then.