Bingo Wings.... Advice Please!

Options
Hello :)

So I have started running/walking (and enjoying it, which is not like me at all!), but I know I should be doing some strength type things as well!

I haaaate my arms with a passion, and was hoping someone could advise me on a few exercises I could try.

(Please note, I don't own weights, nor will I own weights in the next couple of months, I'm working in Italy as an au pair, which means a very small wage! I have done a few workout videos using a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of passata instead of weights but think for now I'd be better off doing other exercises!)

Thank you :)

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I've been doing push-ups - starting with push ups on my knees as I couldn't do a "real" push up before - seen big difference in my arms.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    If you search the forum, you'll find that there isn't any way to target the fat there, but reducing your overall body fat will make a difference. Which of course requires a calorie deficit.
  • natalee8
    natalee8 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you - yes I know I need a deficit, I'm deficiting all over the show don't worry ;)

I will give push ups-on knees a go thanks! I know I definitely can't do proper push ups (well I can do one...almost)
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Pull ups (negative style and palms facing away), dips, and like the commenter above said push ups. Try planks with a push up hand position as well.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I agree on the push ups front. There are lots of different styles and ways to adapt push ups whilst you're building strength. Doing them on your knees, or standing upright and pushing against a wall, resting your hands on a (stable) chair seat and doing them that way is effective.

Also, if you can, maybe look at getting some resistance bands. I use them all the time and love them! Good luck with your wings though, I'm working on mine too!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I do push ups on the kitchen counter when I boil the kettle for a coffee, I do 15-20. I can now do pushups on my knees, I've bicep curled 4kg of dry dog food walking home with it before now.
    I've been working with dumbells for 4 weeks now and I've lost no inches but I've definately started seeing they are firming up and are less wobbly. Try some planks to I could only do about 20secs at the start and now I can hold 3 at a minute each with a 30 sec breather, my longest ever 1 min 15 secs, they are great for your core and even doing them on my forearm, you can still feel it in your arms.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    After I reached my goal I still had tricep jiggle. Doing random planks and tricep dips through out the day on a chair or a couch seems to help me along with what others mentioned like push-ups.

Doing them on the wall or on your knees is quite effective as well as long as you are really using your bodyweight (it's easy to cheat while doing modifications). Also turning your hands towards each other and not straight gets to the tricep better while doing push ups.

I know you mentioned you don't access to weights, but down the road you should consider it. There is the exercise call skull crushers that I love where you lie down and lift the weight over your head and bend your elbow straight and it hits the tricep perfectly. It really help to tighten my tricep like no other exercise. Maybe there is an 4 or 5 lb object you can use instead of a hand weight?

With reducing your overall body fat, staying consistent and having patience you can get rid of bingo wings. Good luck!