Question for the ladies

Options
I have noticed a lot of websites that claim certain exercises can help increase breast size slightly, stuff such as push ups and working the pectoral muscles, however a friend says they think it would flatten them instead. I am cynical as to what any website has to say about things like that so thought I would ask here.

I am trying to put on weight as well anyway but I would much rather be increasing the size than decreasing. So has anyone had experience in this and can tell me if such exercises do change the size of your breasts in any way? Any advice of things to avoid?

Thanks.

Replies

• zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When i lost weight my breasts reduced dramatically, i work out and the size hasnt altered only lifted them slightly making slightly 'perkier'... however after weight loss, pregnancy and breast feeding they look nothing like breasts anymore anyway...

xx
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When i lost weight my breasts reduced dramatically, i work out and the size hasnt altered only lifted them slightly making slightly 'perkier'... however after weight loss, pregnancy and breast feeding they look nothing like breasts anymore anyway...

xx

^^This, exactly what I was going to say! Dramatically, but definitely getting perkier with strength exercises. :cry:
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Agree with the two posters above - I'm not 17 anymore have lost a fair bit of weight and I nursed my son. They have somewhat given up the fight against gravity.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have lost breast size as Ive lost weight but I am still a largish cup- my cup size actually went up as my band size went way down (which does make sense if you know how sizing works). But, I have had large breasts since I was 12. Building muscle won't add or take away breast tissue but I do agree it helps support and uplift the girls a bit :smile:
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Any exercise that works your pectoral muscles will help your breasts stand out a little more. Dumbbell flies come to mind. :)

I have lost a lot of breast size as I've lost weight. In fact I'm trying to gain back a little fat as it seems like the place it leaves from first is my chest, hopefully it will come back on there first as well!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lord, hear our prayer.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Breast what are breast? :laugh:
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight when I was younger but still lost my boobage. The saggy thing kills me, but they are decent. They kinda look like Sarag Michelle Gellars.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

xx

Exactly!!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a lot of websites that claim certain exercises can help increase breast size slightly, stuff such as push ups and working the pectoral muscles, however a friend says they think it would flatten them instead. I am cynical as to what any website has to say about things like that so thought I would ask here.

I am trying to put on weight as well anyway but I would much rather be increasing the size than decreasing. So has anyone had experience in this and can tell me if such exercises do change the size of your breasts in any way? Any advice of things to avoid?

Thanks.

And what are we, chopped liver? :angry:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The only solution here is Breast Implants! lol
  • NancyNelson12
    NancyNelson12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed is, as I work pecs/delts/lats, the fat has decreased, so the bulges, if you have any, will also decrease. This is
    a good thing! I have noticed my shirts hang better and are looser. This is a hard question to answer because you will lose fat,
    but you will also gain definition. Muscle mass isn't going to increase so much, just because we don't have the testosterone levels in
    our bodies that men have. You're not going to get huge pecs, unless you start working out with large loads of weight and fewer reps.
    Chest presses and flies and a Tate press exercise will help pecs. Your pecs muscles sizes will increase, but because boobs are mostly fat tissue, those in themselves won't, so after all that, the answer is yes you will increase MUSCLE size (if you want to) but
    no, the size of them will DECREASE just because muscle burns fat. I hope this contradictory stuff helps answer your question!
  • All_Out_Attack
    Options
    Mine have shrunk! Especially since I started benching more. They're smaller, but firmer. I've also been pregnant and nursed. Now I'm starting to notice the muscle underneath, which is pretty awesome.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Benching has my smaller also but my pecs make me have more natural cleavage. Arm pit fat roll is completely gone.
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this, too! The only chest exercises I've been doing so far are pushups. I can definitely notice my breasts looking perkier/larger, but I'm not sure if this is just from overall weight loss? Like an optical illusion...