Finally!

Options
The other day I was at work, eating none the less, and playing around on my itouch. As I began to search apps, "myfitnesspal" popped up, and right then and there I downloaded it, seeings as my New Years resolution was to eat healthier and workout. I downloaded it and was checking it out and instantly fell in love with it. You know why? Because this program makes it SO EASY to count your calories. I hated looking them up in a book, and writing them down, it took to much time and with this one little app, and website it makes it so much easier. Making me so much more willing. I'm on my second day and I've already been able to track all my calories, check out the nutrition value, AND start working out. It makes me want to actually eat right and work out. So, that said.. FINALLY, something I can count on, no pun intended!

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Good job and welcome! Do you know that most people quit there New Years resolution by Saint patricks day? The good news is those people who do new years resolution and get support have a 600% better chance of sticking with it. Good job taking the leap.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I love this site too, it is a new obsession of mine :)
  • glike
    glike Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome! Totally agree with you! This is a good way to start out the new year!
  • TryingToGetFit
    Options
    Amen! I found and downloaded the app on January 3rd and have used it every day to track calories and exercise. It's very easy to use and I love it. The difference in my eating habits when I know the calorie level is amazing. I find myself looking for lunch spots where the calories are posted on the menu. It's also great to see how exercise impacts how many calories I can eat. In the past I'd exercise hard, then eat tons thinking "well I just worked out". Fantastic app and web site!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I agree that is why I love this site.
    When you have health issues, seeing all the
    calories and what you take in for a day is
    wonderful. Now you can see how much
    sugar and sodium you are using. You can
    adjust your diet accordingly.:happy:
  • jesshamonko
    Options
    I agree! My dad introduced me to this sight and I'm hooked! Glad you found the site and I wish you tons of luck!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with you, altho i didnt make a "resolution" to lose weight/get healthier, i have been trying for a while now, but just wasnt finding the right thing. I would journal my calories/water/workouts, but always found a reason not to do it..." well i have no idea how many cals/fat/pro/carbs were in that"..or....just 5 M&M's dont count! But i LOVE it...b/c yesterday i HAD 5 M&M's and counted it in and I know that it's okay to have a snack, i dont have to throw in the towel because i had snacks! I have only been on here a few days now, but i am loving it so far, and looking forward to meeting new people going through the same journey!! SO WELCOME! We can be 'friends' if you'd like! :)