Ideas for lunch please

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I want some ideas for lunch because I am getting bored with my typical lunch. Normally I would eat 2 oz lean meat on 1 slice whole grain bread, 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt with 1 scoop protein powder, and some fruit. This is really satisfying and I don't get a mid afternoon crash. I am looking for something equally satisfying and high in protein to sub for the sandwich. Any ideas?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you have the means to reheat food, I typically take leftovers for lunch or homemade soup. Now that the weather is warm salads with roasted or grilled chicken would help in the protein department.

I usually eat breakfast at work also (I have an early start time) but I usually make breakfast sandwiches with egg white and turkey bacon or sausage or low sodium ham or bacon. This could work for lunch also.
  • menogain
    menogain Posts: 8
    Options
    Homemade soup or a salad with a half a can of tuna or 2 hard boiled eggs with grape tomatoes and two or 3 black olives is what I like. :)
  • chjones21
    chjones21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/series/jack-monroe-low-cost-recipes

I like chilled soups (the pea and coriander in the link above is v v tasty and super easy to make). Also using couscous as a base and then filling it with either roasted veg with tomatoes or olives or feta (or whatever takes your fancy) ... I like quiches cold with a salad too. - I like delias mackerel pate as a sandwich filler with lots of lettuce and cucumber but maybe a bit "fishy" if taking and having in an office environment??

The good thing about the recipes in the link above is they are all quite low budget!!! But not all are suitable cold obviously - although funnily enough pasta with smoked salmon and herbs and creme fraiche is fine cold too! I guess there are tons of different salad options maybe depends on your taste mostly ... I like putting odd fruits in my salads sometimes like mango or shredded apple!!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Egg salad, wraps with hummus and veggies & steak or chicken or fish.....scrambled egg omelet.....hmmm. .. too many things to think of...