pudgy tummy

Options
How can I get rid of my pudgy tummy? The only exercise I can do is walk. I'm tired of looking prego and having people ask me when I'm due it's so embearesing! Any suggestions will help I'm desperate! please help! I also have a tummy flap. I still need to loose 35 pounds to hit my goal weight also.

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It isn't possible to spot reduce. Your body decides where and when fat comes off so walking and reducing your calories will work.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so we have no idea of the sorts of foods you are eating.
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    As you lose weight your belly will shrink. Keep up with daily cardio and cut your calories to see results. Also, be patient.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just be patient, consistent and dedicated to a routine.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Just be patient, consistent and dedicated to a routine.

^ This....although planks have really helped me over time with my mid-section.
  • ragdolltiff
    Options
    Ty! I also have a tunny over hang will that go away?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you lose enough, the fat will go away. The skin will shrink up but your age, genetics, etc. will determine how much it shrinks. From what I've read, it can take a year or more after reaching goal for your skin to stop shrinking.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a baby just over a year ago which is why I'm on MFP. My whole body has changed. My waist used to be the smallest part of me and I was a very defined hourglass shape. Now I have a pudgy tummy too. As I lose weight, it is shrinking but I have some lovely loose skin now that is still working on tightening up. I have faith that as I reach my goal weight I will get some of my old shape back. Things sort of moved around on me though. While you can't spot reduce, tightening up those ab muscles will help your posture and help you suck in your tummy to flatten it a bit more. I just hold in my tummy as often as I can remember to since I had some separation of the ab muscles and can't (shouldn't) do a lot of the ad exercises.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Just keep working hard. I carry most of my weight in my belly - and while crunches and planks and leg lifts won't get rid of the fat there, it's still toning the muscles under, which is a good thing.

If you don't measure yourself - start asap. I felt like I hadn't changed a bit in my belly area, only to discover I'd lost four inches in my waist, and three in my hips.
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Has all the others have said, it will go in time. Most of my weight is on my stomach, and it does feel very out of proportion (makes buying trousers a nightmare). I know from the past that if I get down to a sensible weight it does go :smile: so keep up with it you'll get there
  • ragdolltiff
    Options
    thank you I walked a lot today so I have that
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    reduce body fat, and lift. I got my body fat to about 16%, started lifting, and do planks and isometric counter pushups. that really got the belly to flatten out. And stick to that calorie goal!