What is your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I bought size 16 jeans (for the first time since High School), and a size Large button down!

Also, I'm doing much better than I had been in the 30 day shred!

:flowerforyou:
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The pile of fat clothes is growing as I shrink 2 bin liners full ready to take to the charity shop.
  • Tammer81
    Tammer81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Negotiating an almost unconscionably great deal on a new gym membership: USD 60.00 down and 10.00 per month for the VIP package (even with the annual membership fee of 49.99 the net monthly payment would come in just under 20.00), which affords me — pun intended — unrestricted access to all branch locations, a complimentary one-hour session with a trainer (a bodybuilder to boot!), as well as a 100.00 credit toward future personal training services. What's more, my new gym houses THREE squat racks and circular weight plates; hitherto I'd been paying 79.00/month for a network of facilities that housed but one squat rack and dodecagonal plates, often bumper plates at that. While I may be forgoing some of the creature comforts such as towel service, a swimming pool and full-sized basketball court (the latter two I rarely used), if I wanted pampering I'd go to a day spa (now a theoretical possibility with my newfound monthly savings of 75%), amirite ladies…

PS Please feel free to add me as your accountabilibuddy so that we might share in our joys and occasional sorrows; not a "friend collector," have never deleted anyone, nor have I the intention absent harassment and/or threats to my physical safety.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean for about six weeks and yesterday my husband said to me "when did you get so thin?" as he caressed my waist and hips. It's nice when others notice, especially those who see you all of the time. :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    A woman at the gym (who I haven't seen since last summer) said she didn't recognize me. She said that she took the majority of our class trying to figure out if it was me or not.
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had to buy safety pins to hold my pants up. I've only lost 15 lbs but also lost 3 inches, so I'm pinning myself together until I can buy some replacement pants LOL.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    today at the gym two guys stopped and told me how well i was doing and looking

yesterday while getting the hairs cut a customer who also used to work there didnt recognize me at all and we have talked plenty of times
  • getlean414
    getlean414 Posts: 27
    Options
    My little baby two pack that's starting to show! :)
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The last time I bought jeans, I bought a pair one size smaller than what I wore at the time. After getting some teasing at work for my "clown pants" I started wearing the smaller pants. And they are still a bit too big. :-)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I bought my first real bikini, from Victoria Secret non the less. Up until this point, I have always bought boy short or little skirt bikinis.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I had to buy safety pins to hold my pants up. I've only lost 15 lbs but also lost 3 inches, so I'm pinning myself together until I can buy some replacement pants LOL.

Dresses are great too. Just throw on a belt and it doesn't matter if it is two sizes too big :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    So many this week!
    Wore a dress that I bought three years ago and could never zip up! (Still wore Spanx...but still!)
    Tried on jeans that I bought three years ago and couldn't get them past my *kitten* before...they zip! (Still muffin-y, but on!)
    Personal best time on my 5.8k walk! Maybe I'll consider a 5k in the fall.
    All of these good things, and I'm not even at halfway yet!
    I hope you are all enjoying your NSVs as much as I am!
    Congratulations to all of you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had the confidence to sing a duet in church.
    I had my first real "look at you! You are gonna be skinny!"
    I put my bra on the first hooks instead of last, I will need a new bra soon.
    I had a fight with DH without a cheesecake soother.
    I found out I can live without milk and sugar in my four daily cups of hot tea!
    I am feeling good!!!
  • charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Added another 2.5kg to my leg extension - after months of being stuck! Yay!! :smile:
  • pwhite3
    pwhite3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a few NSV's from this week.

1.) I can finally fit a shirt that I bought five years ago on vacation

2.) I went into he store to try on a suit and the salesman directed me to a size I have never work and when I tried it on it fit like a glove. (Size 48 down from a 52/54)

3.) I bought a smaller new pair of jeans.
  • getnfit87
    getnfit87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow, congratulations to everyone, so many inspiring posts I can't quote them all :)
    last Friday I did W4D3 of C25K during my first ever 5k!!
    walked and jogged, time was just past 45 mins, which was a personal best
    even as slow as it was, I still can't believe I did it, much less did it in public lol
  • marciaholland77
    marciaholland77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Using my fitbit one, I walked 20,000 steps for the first time yesterday....:)
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I bought my first real bikini, from Victoria Secret non the less. Up until this point, I have always bought boy short or little skirt bikinis.

Me too!! I've NEVER worn a bikini (of any kind) and I bought one from VS yesterday for our upcoming beach vacation.

I hope I have the nerve to wear it!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I realized I can now get up off the floor without struggling
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My size 6 jeans are too big for me. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!