When People Start Noticing Weight Loss

Options
I have a cool story today. So I went to my dad's local pharmacy to pick up his meds and the lady pharmacist says, "does your dad have your brother come in to pick up his meds, I haven't seen you before?" I was like, I'm the same guy, I just lost 24 pounds. LoL She was like you totally look like a different person. I'm only getting started. Compliments are the best. Makes you feel good when people notice your hard work. So this goes out to all of us who are starting out trying to eat healthier and are waiting to break thru. It's going to happen eventually. Hang in there! When the results shine from your body and within. This will keep us feeling great and motivated for more! :wink:

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Awesome compliment!!!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great story & inspirational! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Totally cool! You've done well to lose so much weight. Congrats!
  • sharyntg
    sharyntg Posts: 33
    Options
    Wow, that must have made your whole day. Congrats to you on your new body!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO what an awesome NSV!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How fab was that!
    Cheers, that has spurred me on this morning!
    To the gym.....as soon as it opens! :bigsmile:
  • merseyblue
    merseyblue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This story makes me so happy. I've been on my journey for 89 days and have lost 24lb also. The first 14lb came off super quickly, the second 10lb not so much.

Because it's now coming off slowly, I've sort of got used to the slightly slimmer version of me and I'm struggling to notice the difference.

I was thinking that my boyfriend - who is home from Iraq in two days :):):) - might not notice.

Your story gives me hope that he will xx
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Happy you got a much deserved compliment! It is def a nice thing to look forward to!! My SW was 258 and I've lost 26 lbs but no one has really noticed, prob bc I have so much more to lose :/ I know my time will come though. My dad just started a 5 week rehab and since he has been begging me to slim down for years for better health I wanna lose another 14 lbs by the time he gets back... definitely if I can do that he would notice a 40lb weightloss!! I'm not doing it for his recognition, just want to show him we all can do better in our lives and if we set our minds to it we can all meet again when we are healthier. Sorry this reply got away from me.... YOU LOOK AMAZING ;)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have worked in a few different job positions over the last 3 years. Over the last 8 months, I got only a few comments about my weight loss since there was no "before" for them to compare to. I just returned to my job I had 8 months ago, and almost every single co-worker has noticed, and said something about my weight loss.

I enjoy it, however I do not need the confirmation. I already know I am awesome :)
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love it! The best compliment is the one that is not necessarily intended as one. Kudos to you on your progress.
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So happy for you that he is coming home safe. Thank you both for your sacrifice. He will totally notice!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That's a great feeling. Congrats!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    fantastic! thanks for sharing! have a fabulous day - mine will be much more so after reading your post!
  • JimHM
    JimHM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have always said that compliments are one of the cornerstones and the hardest part of any weight loss journey is getting to that stage. Unfortunately too many people quit before ever getting there.

Again, good job and well earned! :happy:

Jim
    swapfat4fit.com
  • Bluediesel
    Bluediesel Posts: 82
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wholly Mollie! Thanks You All! I've Been So Busy With Work I Just Read This! FIT FRIENDS FOR LIFE! :)
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a great story! And motivating! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!