best endurance supplements

Options
i am a female and i train in dance.lately my energy levels have been down.what are some of the best supplements for endurance? a friend told me about a supplement known as xendurance.wondering if anyone has tried this and if there are any side effects.?
thanks

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    A cup of freshly ground coffee, then 50g porridge with 250ml soymilk or milk and a dash of brown sugar or honey one hour before your session.

- and make sure you are going in already hydrated.

No - seriously.

(works for me in preparation for my 90 minute Ashtanga Yoga session)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    honestly i'd try to work it out naturally before jumping to supplements since many of these things we dont know the long term effects and they are essentially short term fixes

maybe try getting more sleep, eating a bit more, getting checked by your doctor for thyroid issues, etc
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Coffee.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Cheez Its, Goldfish, coffee
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Coffee.

pretty much what I said :-)
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    what works best for me is sticking w/ nutrient dense foods, including complex carbs, plant sources of protein (nuts, beans, etc), fresh fruits and vegetables, AND avoiding processed foods at all costs.

I've found that processed foods and foods w/ added refined sugars, oils, etc really drain my energy and slow down my recovery from hard workouts.

Good luck!
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do endurance horse riding (80km - 160km distances mostly) and I find the best combination for me is to have a litre of electrolytes the day before a ride starts, then I have a protein shake the morning of the ride plus something with carbs - usually dry crackers as I can't stomach much else before a ride. I then have dark chocolate and bananas throughout the ride to keep me going plus more electrolytes at each vet check stop.
    I think it is a very individual thing but this works for me :)
  • mands45675
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice.Much appreciated. :)