sun burnt and seeking advice! (slight self pity)

2»

Replies

• FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Aloe Vera Gel ...chilled in the fridge.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Thanks guys. I'm hoping some of these will cool the burn and stop the shivering.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Aloe for sure and some anti-inflammatories. I am white as hell and burn through 50 + and I keep my aloe vera gel in the fridge so its lovely and cooling when I put it on :)

So sorry for you, sunburn sucks hard.
  • Nmt100
    Nmt100 Posts: 36 Member
    Calamine lotion is also good. I get really bad heat rash as well as being fair and burning easily and covering myself in calamine lotion then washing it off once its dried in a cool bath feels so good.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    A lot of great advice here. I went fishing about a week ago and got completely fried. I found a lot of relief in Aloe Vera Gel, and Ibprofen. Took about 2/3 says of pain but eventually got better. I was able to go fishing again yesterday, but this time I actually wore sunscreen. Lol. Lesson learned. I'm sorry you're in pain darling. I know it's miserable trying to sleep. Hope it gets better soon!
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    I took advantage of the Irish sun too on Saturday. I had Aloe Gel which was great but they also do a product called Aloe 1st which is a spray and gives instant relief. I use it for everything from midgey bites to sore throat. We are up for more good weather so enjoy :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    My aloe gel lives in the fridge for emergencies. Good stuff.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Thanks for all the fab advice. Just took a cool oatmeal bath and it really has cooled down the burn amazingly. Getting some Aloe off my aunt in a bit so that should help too. Thanks again everyone!