5'1" success stories

Replies

• I am between 5'1 and 5'2, and started out at over 185 lbs. Unfortuantely, I don't have any before pics available right now...one of these days I have to pull them off of my old computer. I got down to my goal of 125, counted every calorie, worked out like a mad woman, ate my exercise calories...Then, I had to go from being a SAHM, with the freedom to work out 2 hours a day, 6 days a week, to working 40 hours a week, commuting an hour each way, and working out a couple nights a week when i can squeeze it in. That being said, I gained about 20 pounds back...most of my goal weight clothes luckily still fit...I refuse to buy new bigger clothes! LOL I am back now to get rid of those lbs that snuck back on. I have pics in my profile if you want to see where I am at now. The one of me in the blue shirt is from early in my first journey at MFP. I think I was about 165 there. The pics in short sleeves and tanks are from this past fall..I am right around the same weight now as in those pictures. Good luck and thank you for puttin this out there for all of us short girls. :flowerforyou:
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    I am 5'1" as well and I'm SOOO glad you started this thread! Us shorties need to stick together! I wish every now and then I could just SSSSTTTRRREEETTCCCHHHH myself out a little. Then I would look even skinnier!!

Starting weight..... 157.
    current weight 136 - also currently platued =(
    goal weight 120!!

fat.jpg

This is the worst picture I have ever taken in my entire life! UG! so embarrassing. I was probally 157lbs. I'm here with my fiance. This is summer 2009.

DSC00397.jpg

This is with my best friend who is prego. I'm about 141 here. GO OSU! This is from 11/20/2010

andyandalchristmas10.jpg

This is Christmas Eve 2010 with my fiance'. I am 136lbs here. Its not the best picture of my success because of my sweater.... I'll have to take some more!

I have HUGE boobs! 34dd. My bra was not fitting well and my small fram was completely empowered by my boobs. My boobs are shrinking!!!!!!!! yay! It took a while for them to shrink. People actually didn't even notice I had lost weight until the boobs started shrinking! Now everyone tells me "BOy! you've lost a TON of weight." I thank them for the compliment and then remind them I've lost 20lbs... not a ton! I hate the word TON!

Good luck to you and the rest of us shorties! I'm still going!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    I am 5'1" as well and I'm SOOO glad you started this thread! Us shorties need to stick together! I wish every now and then I could just SSSSTTTRRREEETTCCCHHHH myself out a little. Then I would look even skinnier!!

Starting weight..... 157.
    current weight 136 - also currently platued =(
    goal weight 120!!

fat.jpg

This is the worst picture I have ever taken in my entire life! UG! so embarrassing. I was probally 157lbs. I'm here with my fiance. This is summer 2009.

DSC00397.jpg

This is with my best friend who is prego. I'm about 141 here. GO OSU! This is from 11/20/2010

andyandalchristmas10.jpg

This is Christmas Eve 2010 with my fiance'. I am 136lbs here. Its not the best picture of my success because of my sweater.... I'll have to take some more!

I have HUGE boobs! 34dd. My bra was not fitting well and my small fram was completely empowered by my boobs. My boobs are shrinking!!!!!!!! yay! It took a while for them to shrink. People actually didn't even notice I had lost weight until the boobs started shrinking! Now everyone tells me "BOy! you've lost a TON of weight." I thank them for the compliment and then remind them I've lost 20lbs... not a ton! I hate the word TON!

Good luck to you and the rest of us shorties! I'm still going!
  • @akahl78 I'm pretty much in the same exact boat you're in. I was a SAHM w/ the freedom to workout whenever I got the chance, even 2x or more a day. Now that I started working full-time (it will be a year in Feb) and commuting 1/2 hour back & fourth, picking up my son from daycare after work, coming home to cook & clean and the other bazillion things I have to do has limited my time to even get a workout in during the day. I also gained 30+ pounds last year (went from 146 (lowest) to 177). Now here I am again back on track, and finally finding balance in my life where I can schedule my workouts, eat healthy and hopefully lose weight and get down to my goal of 130. So far this year I've lost 2 pounds and am happy about that. :happy:
  • @akahl78 I'm pretty much in the same exact boat you're in. I was a SAHM w/ the freedom to workout whenever I got the chance, even 2x or more a day. Now that I started working full-time (it will be a year in Feb) and commuting 1/2 hour back & fourth, picking up my son from daycare after work, coming home to cook & clean and the other bazillion things I have to do has limited my time to even get a workout in during the day. I also gained 30+ pounds last year (went from 146 (lowest) to 177). Now here I am again back on track, and finally finding balance in my life where I can schedule my workouts, eat healthy and hopefully lose weight and get down to my goal of 130. So far this year I've lost 2 pounds and am happy about that. :happy:

Congrats on the 2 lb weight loss already! I can't wait to see the scale start to go down again. :bigsmile:
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    I'm 5' tall and a whisper, so I'll go ahead and post.

Around 200 lbs.
    Baba.jpg

118 lbs.
    37947_451892534032_506814032_5357433_5117395_n.jpg

I don't have a full body shot of my after, sorry!
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Wow MissMiller! You look amazing! So do the rest of you! I hope someday I'll be able to post on this thread. My journey has just started and I know I've got a way to go.
    ~ Jamie
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    We are in the same boat! I'm 5'1" and 185lbs.

I just started so no before/after here but maybe in months to come we will be able to share them with each other! :smile:
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Hi I am 5'1 1/2, started at 178 and currently am at 157. I have taken my before pictures but not ready to take my afters. My goal is to get to 130.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    I am 5'2 started at 164 and am now 124, just pounds from my goal, I'm trying to remember how to post on the thread so give me a minute...I'll brb with those for ya!

There we go :) and if you look on my profile under my pictures I have more recent one's on there since I've transitioned into the toning part of my diet! :)

Good luck on your weight-loss journey!!

transformation.jpg
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Just starting -scale not moving. I am 5'2 and 178 how long did it take to have your success? and of course your age?

Dont know if 1kg is a success!! LOL....It was about one and half weeks before it moved but I also cut all sugars out of my diet so my body did a backflip and was in a bit of shock.

I am 40 in early Feb.

:flowerforyou:
  • MsMonny
    Hi!! I'm 5'2" and I have lost 33.5 lbs so far and I am currently 167.5. Here is my posting and you can check my profile for my most current picture in the brown satin dress by the Christmas tree:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144647-2nd-mini-goal-met-with-pic

Fantastic!! Thanks for posting - it DOES give me hope!
  • MsMonny
    Hi,

I am 5'0 and started my journey at 193lbs. I posted my progress pics at about half-way through (link below). I am currently at 157lbs with my goal of 123-125lbs. You Can Do This!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/142262-celebrating-my-halfway-point-w-pics

Good Luck!

That is fantastic!! thanks for posting.....you look great.
  • MsMonny
    I'm 5' tall and a whisper, so I'll go ahead and post.

Around 200 lbs.
    Baba.jpg

118 lbs.
    37947_451892534032_506814032_5357433_5117395_n.jpg

I don't have a full body shot of my after, sorry!

I saw your photos somewhere else and i must say they are amazing and inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  • MsMonny
    I am 5'2 started at 164 and am now 124, just pounds from my goal, I'm trying to remember how to post on the thread so give me a minute...I'll brb with those for ya!

There we go :) and if you look on my profile under my pictures I have more recent one's on there since I've transitioned into the toning part of my diet! :)

transformation.jpg

You look stunning! thanks for posting.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143372-2011-new-me-club?page=6

i just posted mine on this thread!!! they are on page 4 like half way down :)

i am 5'3" and started at 226 and was 158 in the new pic! good luck!

i lost the 68lbs over a few years, but joined mfp October 2nd and have lost 24lbs (WI is tomorrow) since then :) I am glad to see that everyones goal weights are lower like mine...I was told that my goal was unrealistic!! I am 5'3" and my range is 107-141 and my goal is 112, which will mean i had lost a total of 114lbs (more than half my weight!)
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    I love this thread. It is very motivating to see other shorties lose weight and look awesome. I started my weightloss at about 175 lbs. I am down to about 148. I am kind of stuck at that darn number, but have not gained so I consider that a positive thing too. I still have a ways to go and I will make it, it just takes time. Anyways, I have pics posted on my profile that I recently took, for a midway point. Good luck to everyone.
  • I am 5'2 started at 164 and am now 124, just pounds from my goal, I'm trying to remember how to post on the thread so give me a minute...I'll brb with those for ya!

transformation.jpg

:flowerforyou: oh my word! you look fantastic! well done! all you ladies have done great!! x
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    I'm also 5'1" and I'm 192 right now. Sorry I don't have a success story, but I hope to soon! Maybe it would be fun to track each others' progress? It's nice to find people who I have a little something in common with.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    I'm also 5'1" and I'm 192 right now. Sorry I don't have a success story, but I hope to soon! Maybe it would be fun to track each others' progress? It's nice to find people who I have a little something in common with.

welcome to the site!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!