I am trying to stay devoted to this app

Options
I am horrible at updating my profile and logging in with my daily info. Hopefully I'm not the only one that is not committed to doing this! When I started my weight loss I was at my biggest, 210 pounds. I let myself get to that point from "stress" and I was getting married. I'm not making excuses for myself because I am not one of those people. I got to that point because my own laziness. Any way, I am down to 175 and my goal is to get to 155. I do not have any friends on here yet so I am looking to see if there is any one with similar goals that would like to share their story. (Sorry for the run on sentence) Please let me know what your experience has been. Thanks!

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great job on your current weight loss that's amazing! Do you have the app on your phone? What I did is a set up reminders that go off to tell me to add my food on the app and that seems to help with making sure I am logging. Making friends on here is great way to keep you accountable and motivated. I am still on my journey I have sent you a friend request so we can help support each other. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • ktwin1
    ktwin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Kelly.
    You have done a great job on your weight loss. Did you use the app to do it? Did you workout? How did you accomplish such a great transformation?
    I have been using MFP for about 9 mo now and it sure does help you keep portions in control too. I am a pescatarian which means I don't eat red meat or chicken, but I eat dairy and seafood etc. So I have to eat differently and modify things so that I can get protein but not too much fat. This app helps me track that too.
  • sedwards102
    Options
    Thank you both very much! Sorry it took me so long to reply! Yes, I started working out 3 days a week using weight training and 15 mins of cardio. I also changed my diet by eating alot more fruits and vegetables. I also cut out sweets and started drinking a lot of water. Now I am working out 4-5 days a week and maintaining my diet. I am about to start stepping up my diet and exercise though with more protein and supplements. I lose an average of 10 pounds a month so I am on my way to my goal weight!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I lose an average of 10 pounds a month so I am on my way to my goal weight!
    Be careful about your expectations. The closer you get to your goal weight the slower your weight loss will be. When you're losing it's a percentage of your excess. You want to have a soft landing on this anyway. It's not like you'll go from 10 pound loss to a 0 pound loss the next month. You'll see 10 then 5, then 2, then nothing or something along that line.
  • sedwards102
    Options
    Oh I don't expect to keep that weight loss production lol I just meant that's how it was the past 3 months for me. I've already started to slow down so that's why I'm trying to get stricter on my diet and workout schedule. I am definitely realistic about my out come but I do thank you for your advice! If any one has any tips on additional things I can do please share!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! I've been on here for over a year and you can see I'm making progress, but it's slow because we travel alot and I enjoy my self when we do. I just try to stay commited when at home & hit the gym. I'm on here everday that we are not traveling you can add me if you'd like. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    You might want to try the TDEE -20, 15, or 10% method. I started out using MFP's method, then when I started lifting I went to TDEE -20%, and I recently went down to -15%, for me that is 1700 calories. With that method, you put your info. in, get your TDEE, see what it is with the deficit subtracted, usually at the bottom of the page, then eat that much. Because you say how much you workout to get your TDEE, you just eat that much, you don't have to eat back calories, although there are days when I have done a lot I might eat 100 more.

I had to go to TDEE -15% because I was losing too fast, and I want to keep it to 1 lb. per week at this point, the lower you go, the slower you want to lose so that you don't lose muscle.

If you want to try that just search on IIFYM.

I still use MFP to track my calories and exercise, I just ignore what it says my net is and all of that.