Holiday, to shave or not to shave

Options
2»

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the back hair. Leave the chest hair.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WAX IT!!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Leave it, looks manyly and not like a teenager.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My now husband used to shave his chest/belly...

He doesn't anymore..

He didn't care and only did it to please women his age as most his age seem to like that look...or he was encouraged to by them..I personally prefer my men to look like men not pre teen boys...but that's just me...

It really is a personal choice...if you want to go for it but remember it will be itchy as heck when it starts to grow back in...you could have sensitive skin prone to a reaction...
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    I'll admit that I manscaped, and I am okay with the results. There is a happy medium. I don't want to look like a creature from the woods, but I also wouldn't aim for a pre puberty either. You are a guy, right!

The main reason I did it is that I teach a dance class and I like to wear those sweat wicking tops rather than getting all slick wet in class... they usually come fitted and if your hair is outta control, it affects how the material looks on you.

I went with... all back hair, gone... in case I bend over and the shirt pulls up you don't wanna peek-a-boo fur. Underarm hair, set beard trimmer to pretty short, but I leave the hair. If you lift your arms people can see you have man hair, but you don't have tufts creeping out.

For the front, it depends on how much you're covered and how long it is. Rather than shaving it off, I went with just trimming it shorter but not too short, the hair is still there, just not in curls and loops.

But I agree, go with what you like. Or what your significant other likes. My wife definitely hates the back hair and trims it for me.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    How did I know someone was going to make a gay comment? Typical...straight men manscape all the time.

I say do what you want. If I were going on vacation, I'd wax over shaving so I don't have to keep it shaved throughout the entire week (or however long you'll be there). I plan on getting a bikini wax before my vacation in October because if I don't shave daily, I'm going to have a serious stubble issue. No thanks. My husband keeps most of his chest and stomach shaved except for the happy trail because he thinks he has a weird chest hair pattern and it hardly grows anyway. He can go two weeks without shaving and it looks fine. He doesn't have back hair, though.

If you want to wax your back, go for it. If you are going to feel self conscious about a hairy chest, wax that too. The pain from waxing is temporary, so man up. :) I'd imagine the back will be less painful than the chest, but the pain won't be unbearable for either area.

There's nothing wrong with men having body hair, though. Yeah, most women probably prefer hairless backs (not all women, though), but for the love of god PLEASE don't shave/wax your armpits or legs. Men have hair on their bodies, and it's fine. This is just my opinion, but if I wanted to be with someone that has smoother, more hairless skin than I have, I'd be with a woman. I can't stand when men shave their pubic hair completely off, either. Am I attracted to 10-year-old boys? No, I am not, and I'd prefer the men I'm with not to look like one.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Why not be different - leave your back alone and just wax your front!!:smile:
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The only guys I know who wax and shave backs chest etc are gay men I love a bit of man fuzz so my opinion is leave it alone
  • Erika44095
    Erika44095 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I vote to just mansape the front. Get put a short attachment to a pair of clippers & trim your chest area. This way you are still you but it's more groomed.