how often should one weight themselbes???

Options
When trying to loose weight how often do you weigh yourself and record it? Should i do it weekly?

Replies

• blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. I weigh daily, but record weekly.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    whatever you feel like but just make sure its at the same time when you do it.

for me its every saturday morning at 8am at the gym sans shoes

i have found as i gauge where i am at during the week that i can swing almost 4-5lbs because i am weighing myself at 6pm in the evening
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Weekly is a good choice. If you are watching the scale every day, the normal weight fluctuations will drive you crazy (personal experience there).

Allan
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I record my weight at the same time every Monday morning in my bedroom ie same place and same scale. Its up to you x
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i wei myself twice per month or every 3 months
  • giardano
    giardano Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi
    I believe weekly, but can't seem to help myself every morning :laugh:
  • giardano
    Options
    So disciplined!
  • giardano
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss - amazing!
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Weigh Daily except weekends, but only record every Friday. Same time, same clothes, same scale each day.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but only record it once per week or if there is some really significant change after my weigh day.
  • FacingFiftysomething
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, it seems to focus me for the day and record it weekly. That way I also know if the trend is downward even if I haven't lost on my weigh in day as so many things can cause fluctuation in your weight day to day. A large meal the evening before can add 2lbs, constipation, fluid retention, or too much alchol the evening before will dehydrate giving a false loss, to name the main culprits
  • FutureMrsOxley
    Options
    I wiegh myself every morning and every night.... Im trying to break out of weighing in the night. Im going to cut out the night time weighing in.. it just helps me to keep things on track..........
  • Grumpyanon
    Grumpyanon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weekly is best. Daily is too often.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month on same cycle day
  • mrsdmiller74
    mrsdmiller74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think it is up to you, but today I was suppose to weigh myself, but my daughter brought up a valid point. She stated that she did not want the numbers on the scale to ruin her day. So I my self did not weigh in today, even though I am pumped for my weight loss journey I am not ready to look at my progress yet.
    :bigsmile:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to weekly, try not to obsess with the scale.

The scale isn't a report card, it's a tool to help you watch your weight trends over time. If over the course of 5-6 weeks you notice your weight is slowly increasing consistently, then it's time to re-evaluate your calorie intake.

Weight can fluctuate from so many factors that it is inefficient to try to measure it every single day.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Weekly. Any more and it gets obsessive.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Weekly is probably best for most people. I do it daily out of habit but really only count my weigh in on Sunday as 'official'.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    An age old question LOL I weigh in daily but I do so knowing my weight bounces up and down. In one day I can see a shift of 3-4 pounds. It is really personal preference at this point. Some say it is bad to weigh in daily but it really isn't as long as you go in to it knowing the weight will vary from one day to the next. If that really bothers you then go weekly or even bi-weekly. You have to do what works for you!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Sunday on the same scale BEFORE I eat anything and AFTER using the bathroom.