Don't get too muscular! Ugh!

Options

Replies

• DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I get more annoyed at women who say they want to be "toned" and aren't willing to use the necessary tools to get the body they want.

If a woman truly wants to be thin, slender, and not muscular, then that's their perogative. If someone wants me to be less muscular, I simply say they don't get to decide. They can have their opinion all they want.

As for the "what men want" in a woman, well, my husband has zero complaints. If a man can't find anything to grab onto when he's having sex with a fit woman, well, he's just not doing it right.

I feel the same way & I just want to give you a ^5 on that last part!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.

There are pics in my profile.
  • DJ7203
    Options
    Talking about your body with other people opens up the chance for them to offer opinions. Just talk about the weather instead.

This particular person has made these comments to me before without me bringing anything body related up. I'm not bashing them, I just think they are being close minded.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies! I challenge you to get as muscular and ripped as you possibly can! Try to get those muscles to bulge, with striations and vascularity!! Good luck!! It could be nearly impossible!
  • DJ7203
    Options
    I have ALWAYS thought muscles on women were awesome. It's been my dream for 20 years to have guns like Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2! Or Angela Bassett. Or the body of any beach volleyball Olympian.

And the way I see it, those bodies CAN BE achieved through hard work and commitment. Supermodel types with big boobs - I can't achieve that without plastic surgery or complete starvation, so why on earth would I aspire to that?

Plus, I really want to be able to punch someone in the face if I ever have to. lol

You just named some of my body inspirations! And yes I want to have some serious powder behind my punch if I ever needed it :wink:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    To all the ladies! I challenge you to get as muscular and ripped as you possibly can! Try to get those muscles to bulge, with striations and vascularity!! Good luck!! It could be nearly impossible!

Thank you! They act as though it's so *easy* to look like that! If it was I would have my dream body already!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My father once told me that I should stop lifting legs because my legs were starting to look like footballer's legs. WTF? What exactly do footballer's legs look like? I gave him a dirty look and told him I liked my legs.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Your profile is set to private. :cry:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    to each their own really...some people like definition on women some don't. Neither is wrong it is just a personal preference.

I lift heavy and my goal is 20% BF...but it's not set in stone...I might stop at 22%...I don't want the look you want...

My sister does and I think she looks great...

Now mind you...even at my current BF% I am defined...when I flex...and sometimes when I don't...ie butt..

for me it's enough stuff doesn't jiggle when I walk...

I do however agree with the statment if women want to be really defined they shouldn't be shamed...and no weights are not just for the "boys" anymore and everyone needs to get used to it. As a note it's not just women...some men think women have no place in the free weight section of the gym.

I secretly wonder if the guys at my gym think I'm being ridiculous with all my weights, not that I care. Just out of curiosity. I'm currently at 22% body fat & I so have some definition, but I used to be at 16% & I was freaking ripped! I look back at pictures & can't believe I had a nice little 6 pack coming in. I have some serious work to do! Good luck on achieving your dream body too :wink:
  • DJ7203
    Options
    My father once told me that I should stop lifting legs because my legs were starting to look like footballer's legs. WTF? What exactly do footballer's legs look like? I gave him a dirty look and told him I liked my legs.

Good for you!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like my muscles. I also like being able beat the shlt out of someone if necessary.

^This. This is perfect lol. Not the main reason I've started to get into weights, but I think it's a nice side benefit.

And to OP, I wouldn't spare too much thought into it. She's likely just jealous that her body doesn't look as good as yours.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My ex and two other men told me I was getting too skinny and they liked me better "thicker." Some guys and gals like women who have that softer, curvier look to them. I'm finding out that a lot of guys do prefer thicker girls like I was back at 185-190. I'm 5'10 so I wasn't too overweight.

But, I'm doing this for me so screw them. lol.... It is what it is.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A lot of people thing women should be a bit overweight. Screw them! A lot of people also think being fit is super sexy. Do what is good for you!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has been bugging me to start strength training lately. He thinks I'm beginning to look wimpy and "too skinny." But at least he is wanting me to do something, other than gain weight in fat right? I might start for my running.

I hate when people make judgments like that. I think everyone should follow their own fitness goals, whether they just want to cardio, or just want to lift, or do a mixture, or run, or whatever. My personal goals are running, but I do want to start strength training at some point in the near future. I am hoping that if I work my legs I can ( maybe? ) make myself faster in running. Or everyone should be able to look how they want to, as long as they are happy and healthy.

Also, it seems like your husband is on board with you doing this. Not that it is a determining factor or anything, but you do have support from your family. That is super important.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is with some Women that they assume that muscles are unattractive not & feminine? I'm so sick of people telling me not to get too big or too muscular or that they are worried about working out because they don't want to get *manly* looking. I was expressing to a coworker the other day that I have gained some weight & I'm not happy about it & I want to loose 10-15 pounds within the next few months. She told me I look better now than I did several months back because I was too muscular looking & my Husband is probably happy that he has something to grab onto now & that guys like their ladies to be soft. Really? First off I wasn't "too muscular" back then, I was just leaner so I had a lot more definition & I loved it. My Husband also thought I looked great & was super impressed with my budding 6 pack. No I'm not trying to look like a huge body builder (although I find them super impressive) however my goal is to look like I could be a fitness model if I wanted to be & I think leanness & muscle definition is super sexy! I just wish Women would get out of that whole "Muscles are for Men" mindset. It's 2014 muscles are for us ladies too! Why should boys have all the fun?

It would seem that you are guilty of exactly what you complain of in your co-worker. Both of you seem to want to project your wants and likes onto other women.

Why not just work toward your goals and let other women work towards theirs, even if theirs are different from yours?

Seriously? Where did I ever say that Women Have to look a certain way? I said Women shouldn't assume muscles are for Men only, I never said that All women need to have them if they don't want them. There is always one in the crowd :noway:

"I just wish Women would get out of that whole "Muscles are for Men" mindset." If another woman thinks that muscles are for men, why do you care? Different strokes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Peoples views of what's acceptable/not acceptable will always be subjective. The ONLY person one should be pleasing about their physique is themselves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options

True. Women can definitely be muscular but just lack the testosterone to become massive like a guy
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Your profile is set to private. :cry:
    ^ This.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    it is a personal preference... i however love my muscles. i love lifting heavy and i love they way i am a hell of a lot stronger then a lot of men my age... not to mention women too. The feeling i get from getting done a set of flat dumbbell presses with a huge weight is almost a high to me... keeps me going and makes me come back for more the next workout!!!! you only put in what you want to get out of a workout.... and i say... if you want the muscles... then lift the weights... and screw what everyone else thinks!!! Its YOUR body.... you only get one chance!!! BE HAPPY!!!!