Not a morning person regarding Breakfast

Options
I'm trying to rev up my metabolism. Just wondering if having a quick protein shake is enough? Do I need to eat more?

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat very light in the morning. I used to not be a breakfast person at all but you gotta eat something. So now I eat I just eat something light, a protein shake or a single serving of cheerios or a yogurt cup or a piece of fruit.

Pretty much anything as long as you get your metabolism going and as long as it's enough to hold you over until the next available snack or meal.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    It's better than nothing, but it's probably better to eat some food.
  • rock810
    rock810 Posts: 17
    Options
    Personally, I do a scoop of Protien Mix with a cup of Milk and then drink it with a One A Day. It generally gets me going in the morning and keeps me satisfied through to lunch.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes is:

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

I started doing this in December. I am not a breakfast person. I wasn't hungry in the mornings. I didn't want to make anything. I didn't want to think about how many calories I was eating. Plus I enjoyed saving my calories for some fantastic meal at the end of the day.

I decided to start eating at least 300-400 calories every morning for breakfast to jump start my day and to really give breakfast a chance. The change was unbelievable! Over the course of a week I began to get hungry for breakfast, I had more energy during the day, I actually felt hungry for other meals and felt better in general. Plus, I lost the last five pounds I was trying to loose!

I did a cheap-o protein shake every now and again for breakfast but usually stuck with actual meals. I really like to let people know that this worked for me! :o)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie for breafkast every morning. It feels lighter, doesn't make me want to throw up like heavier foods do and is tasty.

spinach, protein powder, banana, almond milk, maybe some greek yogurt or cottage cheese in there and off I go.

Also, I can't eat right when I get up. The 1/2 cup milk I drink in my coffee on the way to work is about all I can do, otherwise I get sick to my stomach. So I get up at 6 and don't drink the smoothie till about 8:30 or so. Its the best I can do.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I hate breakfast with a passion. I am not hungry in the morning and I have to choke food down if I eat before 11. Many people who have perused my diary have pointed out to me that it will boost my metabolism and give me more energy... The most I can manage is a granola bar and most of the time I won't even eat that. I won't argue the facts, but making myself eat FEELS wrong.

I'm interested to see what people say about the most important meal of the day. It sounds like you are kind of in the same boat. :ohwell:
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes is:

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

I started doing this in December. I am not a breakfast person. I wasn't hungry in the mornings. I didn't want to make anything. I didn't want to think about how many calories I was eating. Plus I enjoyed saving my calories for some fantastic meal at the end of the day.

I decided to start eating at least 300-400 calories every morning for breakfast to jump start my day and to really give breakfast a chance. The change was unbelievable! Over the course of a week I began to get hungry for breakfast, I had more energy during the day, I actually felt hungry for other meals and felt better in general. Plus, I lost the last five pounds I was trying to loose!

I did a cheap-o protein shake every now and again for breakfast but usually stuck with actual meals. I really like to let people know that this worked for me! :o)

I hate eating breakfast as well. And im usually not hungry, i just go with some sort of shake in the morning or a fruit.
    But i really like Tara's advice here. Worth a try :flowerforyou:
  • afred29
    afred29 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I hit the snooze button a few to many times. So it's shower, get dress and then out the door.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Are you making that protein shake in a blender? Toss in a banana, 1tbl natural peanut butter and 1/4c raw whole oats and make it a full meal! Banana = potassium and just pure yummy goodness, peanut butter for healthy fat that also helps keep you feeling full longer and also great flavor in the shake and whole oats to get some whole grains. I like using vanilla protein powder in my shakes and also sprinkle cinnamon for flavor and a metabolism boost. :drinker: