Low impact

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to MFP. I am looking for exercises that are low impact. I have had surgery on my knee and wrist from a previous car accident. I am looking for something that will make me sweat, and gives a wonderful work out, but won't cause any more discomfort with my previous injures. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks!!

Replies

• RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to help you RIGHT now but in one week there's a new program coming out called PiYo - it's like pilates and yoga on crack geared to give you cardio, strength AND flexibility while still helping you to achieve your weight loss goals. The reason I'm bringing it up is that it is a completely NO IMPACT workout.

You can get more info on the program here: http://bit.ly/1kzQLNS

Feel free to friend me and we can chat about it, I'll be doing the program myself come July! I think it could really help you out!
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to an indoor rower? I would say that is the best, most efficient no-impact workout you can do!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walk At Home DVDs are low impact cardio. This is essentially aerobics without (counted) choreography.....t here's a "1 mile walk" under the Try It! heading

http://www.walkathome.com/

I like to use a rebounder (mini trampoline)....makes everything low impact.

Although this website won't allow you to search specifically for low impact workouts......click on a title & information on impact level is provided

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/leslie-sansone
  • bjonesgaba
    bjonesgaba Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to help you RIGHT now but in one week there's a new program coming out called PiYo - it's like pilates and yoga on crack geared to give you cardio, strength AND flexibility while still helping you to achieve your weight loss goals. The reason I'm bringing it up is that it is a completely NO IMPACT workout.

You can get more info on the program here: http://bit.ly/1kzQLNS

Feel free to friend me and we can chat about it, I'll be doing the program myself come July! I think it could really help you out!

Ok. Thanks so much!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Leslie Sanson 'Walk at Home' program. I love her DVD's! Some are available for free on youtube!
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics or aqua zumba might be a great idea as well. The water helps cushion the injured joints.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Cycling is low impact on the knees, could start on an indoor bike then get out and ride :smile:
  • MonsterRS
    MonsterRS Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out "Fitness Blender" on Youtube or www.fitnessblender.com. They have hundreds of free workout videos for men and women from beginner to advanced with workout times ranging from 8 minutes to over an hour.

They have yoga and pilates, HIIT, strength training, you name it. And most of the videos require NO equipment at all. The moves are not difficult and they show demos of the next move. Best of all, its FREE and you do it in the privacy of your own home.

My favourite beginner workout is the "Low Impact Cardio Boot Camp for beginners" (22 min). I also do a quick 10-min low impact cardio in the morning before work.

It is a little overwhelming to navigate the website at first because there are so many videos, but once you find what you like it's a lot easier.

Some videos also have a calorie counter, so you know how much you have burned as you go. Its really the best workout series I have ever used, and I have tried almost everything.

Good luck!
  • bjonesgaba
    bjonesgaba Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much for the wonderful ideas! I'll be sure to check em out.