Types of people who you de-friend on facebook......

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
I like to keep my Facebook friends at a minimum to include only people I actually speak to in real life. However, one of them are really annoying me. I would de-friend her but it would cause issues in my whole social circle. But this is my story. Lets call her PINA(Pain in *kitten*). She had a baby last Jan. Now, I know as a new parent and you are all excited and whatnot, but not everybody wants to see you post pic of said child everyday. Stop spamming me. On top of that, the pics come with "Watch out, super awesome cuteness coming you way". On every frickin picture. I have kids. I do not post pics of them. And I know that nobody thinks that my kinds are super awesome but me. Parents rights. The same is for all parents. Then...my husband is soooooo awesome. he gets up in the middle of the night to change the baby......I am, like,really, that is awesome to you. Every time I see these posts I want to punch my screen. Now, I am probably sure the issue is me, I am sure everyone loves hour by hour pics and progress reports and learning how awesome your friends family is from doing what all families do. I know I am coming off as a jerk, and am will to take the hits for this topic, but I feel sooooo much better in doing so.

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Just hide her from your newsfeed.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    shift any annoying peeps into acquaintances , hide them from the news feed and never click on them again.

All who use FB have these sorts of issues.

no biggee
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I defriended someone who posted a dozen pictures of her baby every day. I don't regret it.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't unfriend anyone, I just ignore the annoying ones.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Facebook has a few features for this!

You can set YOUR posts to only get shared with FRIENDS, and make this specific person an ACQUAINTENCE.

Then you can set it not to show any posts from anyone in the Acquaintence group

So now the person doesn't see you unfriend them, and gets no updates from you and you don't see theirs!!

Take a look - it's not that hard!

Dave
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I haven't had my coffee yet, so I can't think of a more colour way to say:

"WHO GIVES A CRAP!?"

Actually, that wasn't half bad.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just stop following her. You can keep her posts off your page, but still have her as a friend. I do that a lot, especially when someone goes extremely left or right.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a way to hide people from your news feed. I don't remember how but I'm sure you can google it. Anyway, I had a friend who posted those little inspirational or funny pictures and it was driving me nuts so I hid her. Now I still am her friend on fb just don't have to scroll through all the junk:)
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't defriend, but I hide anybody who is all politics all the time regardless of whether I agree with them or not.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Acquaintance is the answer! I've used it so many times...
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    There is this button on her profile..... it says FOLLOW, uncheck it. She will no longer show up on your news feed, but she can still see your posts. It's like deleting someone without the drama.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    i don't de-freind if i dont want to communicate with someone i normally just don't accept them in the first place lol.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I only delete in laws or people I no longer play games with. If someone is posting things I don't want to see I just hide the post.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Comes to one social media site to complain about another social media site.

tumblr_mvibyxu8zE1s0hia6o1_400.gif
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Hide her from your list bro. I have a friend who seemed go randomly from loving her man and praising him constantly to constantly bashing him everyday of the week. Got sick of it so I hid her from the news feed. I'd remove her completely but she's a friend of the family and don't want the drama.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    2db1pfo.jpg
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I did not know that. I will have to do that next time I go there.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Are you receiving notifications from this friend? If you uncheck the "Get Notifications" you may not see so much of what she posts. Also make sure you don't have the "Follow" or "Following" checked.

I have a friend who also posts tons of pictures of her kid and I know it does get a bit annoying. It's also difficult on me at times because I can't have kids and have had multiple miscarriages which are still very recent for me.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Just stop following her. You can keep her posts off your page, but still have her as a friend. I do that a lot, especially when someone goes extremely left or right.

This is what I've done with a couple of friends on FB.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hide people that annoy me.