Can't get into it

Options
I lost 60lbs after my daughter was born from Jan to Nov 2013. I was into it, I loved it. I found running, ran my first 5k. Then the holiday's happened. I managed to maintain my weight through it all. I trained for a 10k in April, which I finished the race. However, it was the worst race I could have ever done. I was miserable, I hade runner's diarrhea, the first day of AF, It was all hills, I was just miserable. Ever since that, I just cannot get back into exercising, or even eating right for that matter. I thought I was bored of my usual Weight Watchers and running routine, so I quit WW and bought a FitBit and re-started MFP. Still can't get back into it. I can't control my eating, I have no desire to work out. Nothing . . . I want to lose the weight, I want to feel better, but I can't get into it. I don't know what to do. I feel lose and unmotivated. To add to it . . . I gained 10lbs back!! HELP!

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a break for awhile? Eat at maintenance and instead of formal exercise, just stay active with your kid(s). Go to the park, go for walks, go swimming, etc. Give yourself a time limit, like to stay on maintenance through the summer, and then get back to it.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs after my daughter was born from Jan to Nov 2013. I was into it, I loved it. I found running, ran my first 5k. Then the holiday's happened. I managed to maintain my weight through it all. I trained for a 10k in April, which I finished the race. However, it was the worst race I could have ever done. I was miserable, I hade runner's diarrhea, the first day of AF, It was all hills, I was just miserable. Ever since that, I just cannot get back into exercising, or even eating right for that matter. I thought I was bored of my usual Weight Watchers and running routine, so I quit WW and bought a FitBit and re-started MFP. Still can't get back into it. I can't control my eating, I have no desire to work out. Nothing . . . I want to lose the weight, I want to feel better, but I can't get into it. I don't know what to do. I feel lose and unmotivated. To add to it . . . I gained 10lbs back!! HELP!

Are you interested in other things you enjoy? Or are you generally uninterested in everything?

Is it possible that you're depressed? Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel?
  • SlimToBeSara
    Options
    Hi. I know exactly how you feel as I too am struggling. I want to lose this weight, started with excellent intentions but I have just gotten so lazy and I eat like hell :( I am trying to pull myself out of it by signing up for a gym membership in hope that it helps. I have gained a little weight back but i KNOW I can do it, I can reach my goal and so can you. Think of the end result!!! :) Please feel free to add me, I will try and motivate you in any way I can. Always looking for new friends on here, the journey is not an easy one I know x
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get back on track sure, but you're here and that's the first step now you're going to change your eating habits and than's going to make you feel better then that won't be enough you want this , well it takes effort , it takes sacrafice and determination. You have done all before and you can do it again; just don't give up. Start with small steps and add another step each day if you have to so you will get back into the swing of things.

Think of the most inspirational story you ever heard, read some of the stories here on m.f.p. and then make up your mind to make that change for yourself and for all the other reasons you can list. Take it one day at a time and just remember you have lots of people here that are in the same boat and if you need a friend to motivate you through it all I will try if you want to freind me.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    congratulations on losing the 60lb to begin with....that is so amazing.....I've lost 54lb altogether but, like you I've put about 10-12lb back on.....mainly through lifting and not knowing exactly how to tweak my calories, macros etc....but I'm learning.....i totally sympathize with not being able to get back into it.....it is soooooo easy to get out of the habit of exercising, logging, etc....i know if someone told me that i could stay looking exactly like this forever and not have to exercise for the rest of my life, i would jump at it!!!!!..even now, after I've seen all my progress, it's still not high on my list of favourite things to do.....a good book, a comfy couch and a glass of wine will win every time!!!lol.....the only advice i can give is to make small goals, with exercise, and with eating.....maybe just a brisk walk instead of running....maybe just choose some fruit and vegetables instead of something less healthy....at least once a day....just cut yourself some slack and know that you did it once, you can do it again.....and you will!!!!
  • janda060708
    janda060708 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's definitely just the weight loss aspect of my life that I am just not interested in. I'm tired of trying to controlling my raging appetite, I'm tired of making myself feel defeated when I don't work out or stick to my eating plan. My fear is that if I stop trying to control this, I will balloon back up to my original weight. It's a constant battle with myself. I know that I am harder on myself than anyone could ever be on me. I'm my own worst enemy in this journey.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    It's not about motivation it is about choices. You choose to be fit or not its really simple. If you make being healthy a big beast that feel like you are taking then on it will look hard. If you just choose to eat right and be healthy then it wont seem so hard. I think its a life style change make 2 good choices a day just keeping adding them on before you know it will be second nature.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How much are you eating? Is your goal too aggressive since you mention starving all the time? Maybe it is worth giving another sport a try for a bit, its summer you could try swimming and see if that lights the workout fire again? Sometimes you just have to bust your butt back into gear too. If I fall off the wagon I am always resistant to getting back on but if you just give yourself a good smack and force it for about two weeks then you settle back into the good routines and start to desire them.
  • janda060708
    janda060708 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I will heed all of your advice.

-I am choosing to be healthy
    -Change goal to maintenance mode to get my eating under control
    -Start small with the exercise (maybe go for a walk) to encourage myself to form the habit
    -Make 2 healthy choices a day and then add to it
    -Read motivational success stories

I CAN DO THIS!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It's definitely just the weight loss aspect of my life that I am just not interested in. I'm tired of trying to controlling my raging appetite, I'm tired of making myself feel defeated when I don't work out or stick to my eating plan. My fear is that if I stop trying to control this, I will balloon back up to my original weight. It's a constant battle with myself. I know that I am harder on myself than anyone could ever be on me. I'm my own worst enemy in this journey.

I'm glad to hear that!

You got lots of good advice here - I'll just ditto it all. You can do it, and you deserve it!