Types of people who you de-friend on facebook......

Options

Replies

• rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I post photos of my baby all the time because I have family all over the place, including my in laws who are overseas, and so they don't get to see her all the time. I'm sure my in laws appreciate seeing photos of their grandchild. Do I care that my old friends from college or people I haven't talked to in over 10 years don't love all the pics? NOPE. You can unfollow people on facebook ya know.

Now people who have given spoilers on my favorite TV shows? Insta-delete!
  • robin82662
    robin82662 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't Facebook, never have and no desire to even though family and friends keep pushing me to do so. If I want my personal business to be known to family and/or friends I call them, or visit them at home. I do not feel that my life is so important that it needs to posted for everyone to read. Just recently spoke to an acquaintance I hadn't seen or talked to in a year and she knew a lot about what had been going on in my life the past year. Seems that my daughter posts about what is going on with me on her Facebook page. Didn't even know she was doing that until then. Not sure I like that.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    I find it a little funny because pictures of your kids IS what I want to see... and your dog and your friends.

What I don't wanna see is shared pages from organizations you follow or picture posts (pictures with words on them and sayings).

I am really good at un-following people.
  • simplynano
    Options
    I un-friend anyone I wouldn't be willing to sit with one-on-one over dinner. I hide anyone whose posts are annoying to me which includes too many selfies, baby pics, youtube links, political positions, issue statements or poor pitiful me posts.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just stop following her. You can keep her posts off your page, but still have her as a friend. I do that a lot, especially when someone goes extremely left or right.

THIS!!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    People who don't want to see the things I post are invited to drop me from facebook (and MFP). Ultimately, I don't post these things for those people anyhow.
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh, definitely add too many selfies to my list.

I think it should be noted that for the vast majority of people, they *do* want to see pictures of their friends' kids (and dogs[or cats, ferrets, horses, budgies] and friends, as someone noted above). It's just when you're posting 500 pictures a week, it gets old. And I mean, even if they're an ALBUM, it's not so bad. It's when it's one picture at a time, so it's an endless flood in your newsfeed. This goes for pictures of food, too. Or even random scenery or whatever (unless you're a photographer :smile: ). I'm friends with *you*, which means I like to know what's going on in your life. Obviously, your kid is a part of that. But then it gets in to the bigger picture of, have you lost your identity to parent-hood?

Most of my friends have kids, and have awesome, balanced lives that involve their family and the people they were before procreation. I have lost touch with a few, however, who completely turned over any separate identity they had the moment they gave birth. I know that goes beyond Facebook, but it's easy to see the turning point when it's captured there in social media and cyberspace, for the world to see. It's almost like some kind of social experiment.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Just stop following her. You can keep her posts off your page, but still have her as a friend. I do that a lot, especially when someone goes extremely left or right.

THIS!!!!!!

Done!. Yay me!
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Sweet visual freedom! Coinsidently(spelling), as I went on face book to do the un-following thing, there was a brand new video waiting for me that instantly plays with the caption, will melt the grumpiest old men. Thank god it is all gone now. Thank god!. And thank you all for the help.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n79nm3JriQ1simvvzo1_500.gif
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    a lot of people are annoying on fb. but I only delete the ones who are inactive. some just don't use their account, some are just stalkers. if you don't participate, I delete you. it is social media after all. key word: social! all the other stuff can be dealt with as explained in all the other posts.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Nope. i am with you on this. i say, hide her.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I tend to delete those who post vague statuses every hour *****ing about their life. I use facebook as my main source of sports news (I follow every sports team in the NBA and NFL, and a couple MLB teams, as welll as many players from all these sports), also to get a lot of laughs from pages i've found that cater to my sense of humor. So the constant whining and over-airing of personal dirty laundry is taken up by sports, funny ****, and causes I care about.
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly moving away from Facebook. Also thinkng about cleaning up my friends list to close friends and family
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Unfollowing is great for those whose posts you don't want to see. You can always visit their page to catch up when you're ready.

Also to be sure I don't annoy others with my dog pics, scenery pics or what's going on with my favorite teams, I make lists (Dog lovers, Saints Fans, Farmville Friends, etc) of those who I know are interested. So, for example when I post dog pics, only those I'm sure are dog lovers can see those posts. I don't want to be annoyed nor do I wish to annoy others. :)
  • moij0
    moij0 Posts: 87
    Options
    nosey *kitten* stirring bullies just looking to cause trouble or gossip get blocked off my facebook.

i actually only have close family and recent friends ive met in reality on my facebook now ... i used to add veryone i knew in reality from the past too but those people are in the past for a reason, we took different paths and grew apart so they can stay there, but its nice to catch up now and then :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I do not regret deleting my FB at all
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The reason I like facebook is because I have moved a lot. So I have a lot of far away friends and that is how we keep in touch. With my dance community is also a way that we share dance resources.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    unfollow for sure. A real life friend (I use the term loosely) actually unfriended and stopped speaking to me in real life because I mentioned her poor post etiquette. Things her genius kid said and did, diatribes about motherhood stories in the news, photos of the dog and kids snuggling. I'm talking 40 per day! Barf.
    Facebook has created some weird new social stratosphere. We are ALL navigating the unnaturalness of it.
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    I delete the ones who post politics, too boring and for old and polemics it ruins my wall!!