My journey to being healthy & feeling great. _10 months down

Options
Hello all,

This is one of my first post here on MFP. A little about me, I started my (2nd) journey for loosing weight back in August 2013, when I weighed in at 247lbs. ( I say 2nd journey for loosing weight, because back in 2009, I had lost 100 lbs, all on my own, doing WW online, then got preggo, and gained everything back :( . I decided I have to do something, cause I was no longer feeling confident or sexy. I am a mom of 3 kids, and always felt self concious of my weight. People in my family would always make comments to me saying' oh your so pretty, if you would just loose weight>>umm yeah thanks, those comments always made me feel great. I got tired of being the 'fat' one, tired of my clothes getting tighter when I was already a size 18! Fast forward to June 2014, to date I have lost -52 pounds . I am now 195lb. I still have 30 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I realize now that, it is not a race to lose weight, like it was for me in the beginning, but making every effort to eat healthier and exercise daily. It has not been easy at times, but when I look back at my 'before' picture, it gives me all the motivation I need to keep going!!! I look foward to hearing back from you guys and hopefully make some new friends along the way :)
1d33765c-9194-4717-9467-fac6584629bb_zpsbd9f0059.jpg

Replies

• iammiamiglam01
    Options
    Sorry, some reason it didnt post the 'After' Pic.. Here goes again:

Before_AfterPic_zps91751f4d.jpg

da47e154-29d0-47f0-b399-f6f8795afdec_zpsa06fe561.jpg
  • RJenxi
    RJenxi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look great really happy keep going you can see such a difference!
  • KezzaHobbs
    KezzaHobbs Posts: 16
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done on your journey, very inspirational!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Huge change!! You look amazing!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great accomplishment. Hopefully you feel as great as you look.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! So, so much younger too :wink:
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW! Huge difference ....
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great- we have similar goals
  • iammiamiglam01
    Options
    Thank you all for the motivating compliments :))
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! And I love your hair and that dress!!!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!
  • jillebeans
    Options
    You are an inspiration. You look amazing. Thanks for posting. I am really just getting started and your story gets me motivated. You truly can't do it in a day. It takes time. It seems like I get frustrated easily and give up too quickly. Good luck and keep up the hard work, you look amazing.
  • OhSayNow
    OhSayNow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great, you look awesome! I love your dress :)
  • iammiamiglam01
    Options
    It is easy to get frustrasted, but taking pics along the way will really help you in this journey. At least, this is what motivates me. And of coarse, shopping for new clothes in a smaller size :) I think the hardest part is just getting started, once you make the jump, you get on a routine, and as you see results, you keep pushing! Good luck on your journey. You can friend request me if you need any help or advice anytime :)
  • iammiamiglam01
    Options
    You are doing so great, you look awesome! I love your dress :)

Thank you!!
  • iammiamiglam01
    Options
    You are an inspiration. You look amazing. Thanks for posting. I am really just getting started and your story gets me motivated. You truly can't do it in a day. It takes time. It seems like I get frustrated easily and give up too quickly. Good luck and keep up the hard work, you look amazing.

iammiamiglam0

Joined Mar 2014

June 17, 2014 12:34 PM

It is easy to get frustrasted, but taking pics along the way will really help you in this journey. At least, this is what motivates me. And of coarse, shopping for new clothes in a smaller size :) I think the hardest part is just getting started, once you make the jump, you get on a routine, and as you see results, you keep pushing! Good luck on your journey. You can friend request me if you need any help or advice anytime :)
  • iammiamiglam01
    Options
    You look gorgeous! And I love your hair and that dress!!!

Thank you! Marshalls is a girls best friend.. LOL
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    The loss really shows but today I'm mostly jealous of the beautiful hair and great dress :wink:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing!!! Great work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!