Protein Smoothie Recipe.. Whats YOUR fave??

Options
emmaalyssaa
emmaalyssaa Posts: 35 Member
Typically I just do protein and some almond milk and fruit. But lately I haven't been really hungry in the morning. So I'll make a protein smoothie. Last week I made some kind of Mocha type tasting one. It's been my favorite and I have had it every morning at work since then!

Basically, its:

4 oz Chameleon Mocha cold brew (SERIOUSLY try this, or any cold brew. SO good!! This is super natural and has an amazing flavor!!)
12 oz almond milk (I use this much because I don't like strong tasting coffee. The cold brew is extremely concentrated. It says on the bottle what the ratio should be, but I use this)
One scoop of Spiru-Tein Chocolate Protein Powder (Seriously love this stuff. I don't like many protein powders because they taste so nasty)
Some ice cubes

Blend in the nurtibullet & call it a day! LOVE this mixture.

What are YOUR favorites?

Replies

• sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    My favorite right now is basically a cherry chocolate mint shake. It does not taste a green smoothie, but packs all of those nutrients in there.

8oz your preferred milk base. I've been alternating between hemp milk and kefir.
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup cherries, pitted. I've been freezing fresh ones overnight to replace the ice.
    1 cup baby kale
    1 cup baby spinach
    2 leaves peppermint. Seriously, don't go overboard with the mint. This stuff is STRONG.

You can also add in chia seeds and greek yogurt if you like.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Current favorite:

1 cup Fage 0%
    1 cup Blueberries
    1 cup Blackberries
    3-4 cups Spinach
    1 scoop of ON Vanilla Casein powder
    Lots of ice & alittle water
    (Sometimes I will substitute a banana for one of the berries.

or

1 cup Pumpkin
    1 cup Fage 0%
    1 scoop of ON Vanilla Casein powder
    Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
    2-3 teaspoons of Splenda
    Lots of ice & alittle water

Both very filling!! Top one I eat for breakfast every morning during the week.
    Bottom one I eat when Im craving ice cream, taste just like a slice of pumpkin pie. YUM!!