Getting a Bikini Body! - A Step-by-Step Guide [With Images]

Options
So in celebration of my first major NSV, I wore a bikini in public for the first time in 11 years, I thought I'd produce a little guide to help others who, like me, were too self conscious to put on a bikini in fear of not having a bikini body! In a matter of two weeks, I succeeded in obtaining one! So how did I do it? It's all rather simple!!

Step 1: Pick out your favorite bikini top.

Sadly, due to lack of funds, I was stuck in Primark, so a nice skull or zombie print was out of the question (booo!) instead, I went for a nice blue and white polka-dot bikini top!

Bikini1.jpg

Okay! So you've picked your favorite looking top. So now we move onto...

Step 2: Put on that bikini top!!!

Put it on!! Go on!! DO IT!!! Some may find it easier to take this step in the absence of reflective surfaces... the end result on Step 2 should look a little something like this! ^_^

Bikini2.jpg

Viola! We are half-way there ladies... now we need to move onto...

Step 3: Choosing your favorite pair of bottoms!!

Which bottoms do you like? Bikini bottoms which tie? Low rising? Frilly bottoms? Take your pick! I'm serious, whichever one you go "oooo that's nice" to... Pick them up!

Bikini3.jpg
**Apologies for the creepy face... ^_^
Forever the Tomboy, I fell in love with a pair of swimming trunks with a space pattern on them (swimming trunks count too!)
Now, like Step 2, Step 4 may be done without the aid of reflective surfaces if you feel they may impede your ability to continue...

Step 4: Put the bottoms of your choice on...
That's right... I want you to put them on! No hesitation! We've made it this far! You're not backing out now!!

Bikini4.jpg

And BOOM!! Goes the dynamite! Look at you!! You've done it! That bikini body is smoking!! Now purchase it, if you haven't all ready, get your bottoms down to the local swimming pool or beach and flaunt your beautiful body to the world!
It really is that simple?!

For anyone curious I am 5ft 5" weight 170lbs and wear a UK size 14, I haven't lost a significant amount of weight the key is to just put one on and OWN IT! You can do it!! You don't have to be a model, have a flat stomach or perfect legs, you just have to put it on and go "Dayum, I'm working this!" and go, don't give yourself chance to doubt it! It is the most liberating feeling in the world!! ^_^

Replies

• FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your spirit is amazing and I love how you own it!!!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    good 1 lol
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I wore my first bikini this week! I still have weight to lose, but I decided to conquer my fear. Once I took my cover-up off, I realized no one really cared - it was only me that was stopping myself from dressing how I wanted to dress.
  • GothJuice
    GothJuice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wore my first bikini this week! I still have weight to lose, but I decided to conquer my fear. Once I took my cover-up off, I realized no one really cared - it was only me that was stopping myself from dressing how I wanted to dress.

That's awesome congratulations!! I did the same thing, once I was actually at the local pool I realized there are many people bigger and smaller than me either more covered or even more scantily clad! No one gives it half a thought! It's amazing! I still have quite a bit of weight to lose but I've been making it a mission to get out of my comfort zone and this was one of the biggest ones for me! ^_^
  • GothJuice
    Options
    For some reason it won't let me edit my post of fix the broken images. Boo!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the pictures :)
  • GothJuice
    Options
    Images finally fixed, huzzah!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I have a bikini. I have a body. Now I just need some of your attitude!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for the guide :flowerforyou: