The 30 Day Squat Challenge

Options
rhina23
rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
Anybody has tried the 30 day squat challenge. Maybe you could share your experiences doing it?
I know this wouldnt work for everybody. I think, i could do the first few days but half of it, would be difficult.

imagejpg1_zps75e71f68.jpg

Replies

• katlynrose85
    Options
    I'm doing this challenge right now. I found one that has squats, but also leg raises and pushups. I'm on day 7 and I never thought I would be able to do 80 squats, but I did it and feel awesome. Haven't noticed a whole lot as far as results go, but my legs and buns feel tighter and stronger! Good luck!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but doing 250 body weight squats in a day is so pointless...
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 and my legs feel like sand bags!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've done it before. After a bit it got too easy cuz of the other exercises I had been doing, so I added weights.
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am doing it I only have 2 days left, it was hard at first but now not so bad :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Ditto this. Look into doing heavy (for you) squats and throw in some heavy deadlifts as well. They work and will do so much more than just doing body weight squats, plus you can do like 3 sets of 8 (total of 24 reps) instead of doing 250. I've worked out doing body weight squats and also doing weighted squats. Weighted squats will produce much better results, I promise!
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Agree with this soooo much!! These 30 day challenges are stupid , get some weight on your neck and do a reasonable amount and I guarantee you'll get better results!!
  • rhina23
    Options
    Thank ps for the input everybody.
    I read some other challenges from facebook.
    And some looks reasonable for me too.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    yeah.... no.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the abs challenge. I did look at this one and a few others for next challenge.

some say these things are pointless - I have to disagree, when I started abs challenge I needed someone to hold down my feet, now 16 days in I can do sit ups without feet being held down.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through a 30 day squat challenge (not this one) and it really is making a difference. Maybe not in building muscle or changing the look of my legs, but the fact is, after 2 weeks I can now walk up far more stairs than I ever could.

I plan to start lifting heavy but right now don't have the access, and as far as "pointless" goes, I figure anything is better than sitting on my *kitten*! :laugh:
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through a 30 day squat challenge (not this one) and it really is making a difference. Maybe not in building muscle or changing the look of my legs, but the fact is, after 2 weeks I can now walk up far more stairs than I ever could.

I plan to start lifting heavy but right now don't have the access, and as far as "pointless" goes, I figure anything is better than sitting on my *kitten*! :laugh:

exactly how i feel lol
  • coffyd
    coffyd Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm going to start my squat challenge today. We shall see how it goes!! I'll post pics soon too
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Now if this was a 30 day challenge to do assisted Pistol Squats every 3rd day, sticking to 5 x 5-6 reps each side and starting from sitting on a chair seat height box and lowering the box height by one inch each 3rd session, your box-assisted Pistols would be 10 inches lower at the end than when you started; nearly all the way to a full Pistol.

Now, as BW exercise goes, I would join that!
  • rhina23
    Options
    I'm going to start my squat challenge today. We shall see how it goes!! I'll post pics soon too

Great!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm down for this challenge!