Are protein shakes considered snacks?

Options
danaxsa
danaxsa Posts: 17 Member
I just started protein shakes ( im currently using the chocolate vega protein ) however im just wondering if the shake is considered a snack .. i usually have 3 meals and 2 snacks so im wondering if this shake alone would be one of the 6 meals during the day.. i mix it with water only

Replies

• JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What you call it is just a matter of semantics.....all that matters is that you are eating less calories than you are expending (if you want to lose weight).
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What you call it is just a matter of semantics

I agree with this. That said, I use the same shake and I log it under "snacks".
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I log it based on when I drink the shake, but as long as you are on target for the day it doesnt really matter.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hmm, whether or not it is a snack or a meal I guess depends on when you eat it and if you're full afterwards. That said, it is entirely semantics and what you call it doesn't really affect it, beyond maybe some sort of mental affect on your feelings of satiety.

Sometimes I have a shake as a snack (generally almond breeze unsweetened vanilla for about 30cal mixed with amazing grass chocolate influsion), sometimes as a meal (same thing, plus a banana and frozen strawberries or something added to it).
  • danaxsa
    danaxsa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks all !!!