What's your maintenance range? Women ~5'

Options
13»

Replies

• 12jflow
    12jflow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my maintenance is 111-114. I'm a size 4 and happy with that and comfortable with my maintenance calories (1430). I got down to 107 at stage, but felt tired a lot and people kept telling me I looked too thin. 112 seems to be my body's happy weight.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is still going! I'm glad to see it's useful and interesting to people. It's great to see the range.

I've unintentionally gotten down to 102, using MFP's maintenance number for me and eating back exercise calories, and am experiencing some hormonal weirdness at this small size, so I'm thinking my range needs to bottom out at 103 at the absolute lowest. I like how I look right now, except for the fact my already-small bosom is way smaller than it used to be, but I really don't like how I feel hormone-wise. So I think 105 is going to be the middle of my maintenance range where I try to stay! It's very strange trying to gain weight after trying to lose it for so long.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my normal range is 95-100. I have always been very small. Even in college when I ate nothing but greasy **** my freshman year, my weight maxed out around 104.

I'm in good health according to my primary doctor, though I realize I could put some weight on. But for now, I'm just trying to maintain this weight and eat healthier. The day I graduated college, I was recovering from the flu and I was even thinner than I am now so I looked and felt horrible. Just gaunt and frail. My grad pictures looked terrible.
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and maintain around 125. As long as I'm staying active, my jeans fit, and I feel good I try not to worry about the number on the scale too much!
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11", and have a small frame (size 4 feet in womens shoes... that's a 2 or a 3 in kids!). I can get down to 95 and still not look too skinny or underweight. This was my weight when I was dancing 4-6 days a week in high school and I was pretty much all lean muscle.

Now, a decade later, I am comfortable at 100-105. At that weight I still had a soft face, a large chest, and some belly fat, which doesn't really bother me, but I would like to try to get the muscle definition I used to have as a dancer back again.

Right now, I am around 115-118, and I feel heavy and weighed down. It is amazing what a mere 10-15 lbs. can do to change a short person's figure! At this weight, I am a few cups sizes larger in the bust, have a tummy that makes me look legit pregnant (pokes out just like the start of a baby bump below the waist), and start to get jiggly thighs (my legs are the last place I gain fat).