Kids- they make me proud because...

Options
2»

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I have a little brother, who often makes me proud. I get especially happy when he actually listens to me and our parents, apologizes when he does something wrong, and when he acts very mature for his age trying to fit in with the grown up kids in our family haha.

Also, one of the sweetest things he said to me was when I was babysitting him for the weekend. He said he wouldn't mind if our mom died, because he knows I would take good care of him, and he loves spending time with me, even though I am stricter than mom. I didn't tell my mom he said that, though, lol!

He's also so funny! Gosh, I miss him!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sometimes we just need to brag on our kids, and don't want to annoy our friends and family with it, so the internet is the perfect place!
    People use the net to vent about all the things that piss them off that they can't say to the actual people they want to say it to, so why not use it for bragging on our kiddos.

My son is turning 14 next week, and has Aspergers. His elementary years were a nightmare for him and all around him, but we stuck it out and he worked so hard to learn the life and coping skills he needed. He has grown into an amazing young man, and I am just so proud of him every day.
    Our kids need to hear how proud we are when they accomplish great things.
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    No. Just don't feel the need to brag about my child on the internets to strangers.

That's a shame, my kids are worth bragging about to anyone.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Awwww, congrats, sweetie!!! My son is my mini-me and I hear ya!! One day, maybe he'll bring home A's and B's, but until then, I'll still be proud bc he does his best!! Congrats!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No. Just don't feel the need to brag about my child on the internets to strangers.

That's a shame, my kids are worth bragging about to anyone.

A shame? Lol.
    Wow.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think it's great OP and well done on your kid. :bigsmile:

However I would advise that folk are generally not that fussed in hear about other folks kids. Especially when it's total random strangers.

*Also JK to smash someone's face in is never the best way to make new friends! Play nice :wink:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

That said, good on your kids!
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    *Also JK to smash someone's face in is never the best way to make new friends! Play nice :wink:

That was tongue in cheek north of England humour, obviously didn't translate well! No offence meant and i do play nice. Mostly!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

That was tongue in cheek north of England humour, obviously didn't translate well! No offence meant and i do play nice. Mostly!

:laugh: Umm I'm from County Durham chick so yeah translated just fine aye.
  • awomaninsane
    Options
    :laugh: Umm I'm from County Durham chick so yeah translated just fine aye.

Hahaha, cheers liiike man!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

That said, good on your kids!

Love that song
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    The fact that mine are still alive are testimony to how strong I am...and how much willpower I have that I haven't smacked them into the next generation. Just kidding...but I'm not. ;-)
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The fact that mine are still alive are testimony to how strong I am...and how much willpower I have that I haven't smacked them into the next generation. Just kidding...but I'm not. ;-)
    Hahaha I count my blessings that I'm still alive as I'm sure my mother had the same attitude towards one of my brothers. Still does too I think..... :D
  • awomaninsane
    Options

Haha, yes i've had many, many moments like that with both of mine! How many times have your kids said they are going to phone Childline for being so mean to them... lost count how many times mine have!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP.. be proud!!!!

My daughter's report card was 9 A's :) I'm proud of her b/c she finished elementary school and was on the honor roll the entire time. I just hope she keeps the momentum as she enters middle school :)
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    im proud: 14 this week is at flight school/encampment for Jr Air Force and will do a solo glider flight sunday.
    10: won rec league championship last week where he was named MVP. is now on All Star team with a chance to win State and go to Nationals.
    7: is the most beautiful girl in the world.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Congrats!:flowerforyou:

My 14 yr old thinks he can take me LOL!!!