Healthiest fast food favorites?

Options
kdubby22
kdubby22 Posts: 13 Member
I work the typical Monday through Friday 9-5 and I'm not too big on meal prepping (yet) so I always need to go out for lunch. I've found a few places and menu items that don't leave me feeling guilty or disgusting, but I was curious what everyone else's favorites were? I work near virtually any restaurant or fast food chain so I'm looking for some new ideas.

PS--I'm so tired of Subway so let's skip that haha

Thank you :)

Replies

• thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wendys Chili (small) filling and tasty : )
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love chicken Bratwurst. a bit fatty I know but yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wrap from Mc D
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    When I go to Mcdonalds I like to get the Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken. Sometimes I will order a small fry to go with it, just so I don't feel like I'm always limiting myself. The salad is about 340 calories (I only use half the dressing packet).
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wendy's!
    Plain baked potato, I usually eat it with pepper and maybe a little ketchup
    Asian chicken cashew salad, dressing on the side
  • Kittykat0719
    Options
    This isn't your typical Fast Food chains like McDonalds or something....but I like you have those days I need to go out & get lunch or dinner because of my work schedule. I really love Panera Bread & Potbellys Sandwich Works. They are fast, ALWAYS fresh & delicious! And you don't feel heavy or gross after eating their food. The salads & Wraps are the best! at Both

Enjoy! :)
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a has some great options... fruit cups, wraps, chicken sandwhiches, and their nuggets are packed high in protein and still around 270cals for 8 of them. YUM
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    They don't always have it on the menu, but I love the grilled chicken wrap at sonic, high on sodium, but not bad on calories and good for protein.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do the kids meal at fast food restaurants a lot. They're closer to proper adult portions!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Chipotle? (I'm in the UK but I ate there when I was in the US last year and loved it - allows you to select your ingredients so you can tailor it to your needs)
  • ntraczyk
    ntraczyk Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Jimmy John's unwich. High in protein without all the carbs from the bread. Plus you can add extras like sprouts and avocado.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Quarter Pounder Deluxe (no mayo or cheese, which is how I prefer it anyway) with a side salad and Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette and/or apples.

Popeye's Chicken Naked Tenders (chicken strips with no breading), mashed potatoes (no gravy), green beans

And I know you said that you're tired of Subway, but I've found that by exploring their menu details/PDF, I can mix and match a lot of different things to change things up.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's (sub shop) Unwich - Its a regular sub but replaces the bun with lettuce leaves!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wendy's plain baked potato with a small chili poured on top... yum!
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wendy's- Grilled Chicken Go Wrap and Small Chilli -OR- Side Salad w/ half the dressing
    Chipotle- Burrito bowl with chicken, black beans, brown rice, corn, and tomato salsa
    Potbelly- Turkey on wheat- hold the mayo and oil & vinegar

My personal favorite:
    Taco Bell- 2 Crunchy Tacos, Fresco style with one packet hot sauce :)
  • RozzeleS
    RozzeleS Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Subway - sweet chicken terriyaki salad yummm :)
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread is always good and quick.

Popeye's - Red beans & rice and green beans