18 Ibs Lost, and no one notices

Options

Replies

• JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    nobody noticed it until I lost a least 20kg :laugh: That´s why I always laught about those magazines which tell you how to lose 10lbs in 4 weeks.... It won´t make much of a difference at all.

Just keep going! Don´t give up! They WILL notice some day! :flowerforyou:
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people might notice but just don't say anything and if you see people all the time they won't notice as much.

I've lost almost 40 and honestly people really don't say anything but if I show them or point it out then they would.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    I lost 8,1 kg which is almost 18 pounds, and no one around me notices the difference..very frustrating!
    Since I have one of those lucky body types where most of my weight was evenly gained, with a little extra in the stomach, I had to LOSE 60 pounds before anyone really noticed. Talk about not eating and being irritated and nobody noticing.
  • lmd1676
    lmd1676 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have this problem too. I lost like 10 - 15 pounds and no one has said anything (people I don't see all the time). Sometimes if I wear a certain outfit people notice but if I wear something that doesn't lets say....show off my "slimmer" body, no one says anything. Oh well. I think of it as an accomplishment for myself. The fact that I have maintained my current weight is a huge deal and I want to keep more off! I love the smaller clothes I am wearing! Remember this is for YOU no one else! :smile:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    are you losing this for you or others?
  • APLAWING
    APLAWING Posts: 36
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm fairly tall (5'11") & when I lose weight it seems like no one notices until I've dropped 30lbs or more. As long as YOU notice that is what matters the most... that's great, almost 20 lbs! The next time you to to the grocery store, pick up a 20lb bag of dog food & pat yourself on the back for losing that much weight...:)
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You're doing this for yourself ! Carry yourself with confidence of your great loss and sooner or later someone will validate it for you. But it shouldn't be super important, because they won't be around when the cheesecake is staring you in the face. Do it for YOU !!! Keep going !
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It can take a while for people to start noticing. Nobody said a thing to me until after I started posting about my weight loss on Facebook, and that was after 25 pounds (lost 5 more since then).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I find that people do notice, it's just sometimes they are afraid to say anything, either out of fear of insulting you (as if you'll reply, "are you saying I was fat before"), out of jealousy because they aren't able to do it, or fear of "messing up" your progress (heck no - all compliments are welcome!). I'll venture to guess that they noticed, but might not say something until you mention it. Maybe bring it up? They say that you notice a change in your body within the first 5 lbs, others notice a change after the first 15 lbs.

I have lost 45 and people have noticed, just not said anything until I brought it up first. (No, I wasn't fishing for compliments. The fact that I am losing comes up in conversations started over things like people asking me about the fitbit on my wrist)
  • AliBoBali79
    AliBoBali79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think a few others have made similar comments, but this was my immediate response as well. Even when I notice, I am sometimes hesitant to say anything about someone losing weight (unless it's someone I am super close to) because I don't want to give the impression that I thought there was anything wrong with them before and/or that the number on the scale is how I define them. After all, you are thinking about your body a lot right now because you are putting so much effort into your fitness and weight loss, but to everyone else, your figure is probably just a small piece of the puzzle of how they see you.

Either way, though, great job!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who's actually done the "When is the baby due?" thing (what can I say, I was much younger and had zero social skills), I NEVER comment on someone's appearance unless they've dyed their hair blue or something.

Buy some completely new clothing and people will notice.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't have people notice until I lost around 50 lbs. People who see you daily or even monthly may not notice for awhile.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've lost 41 and no one has noticed lol. But then I am big to start with!

Girl I feel ya! Although its finally starting to really show, I found if I wear more form fitting clothes people notice more, but as big girls we are not conditioned to go for the more form fitting stuff...Keep your chin up one day everyone will look at you say DANG! YOU LOOK GOOD!!!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm fairly tall (5'11") & when I lose weight it seems like no one notices until I've dropped 30lbs or more. As long as YOU notice that is what matters the most... that's great, almost 20 lbs! The next time you to to the grocery store, pick up a 20lb bag of dog food & pat yourself on the back for losing that much weight...:)

I love this!!!! Great suggestion!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    Options
    I lost 8,1 kg which is almost 18 pounds, and no one around me notices the difference..very frustrating!

HATERS+GONNA+HATE_05d460_3317189.jpg

LOve this!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    That is frustrating, and I know how you feel also, I have lost 17 and only my husband has noticed/commented. But when I look in a mirror, or put on my clothes or push myself during a workout I KNOW it.

You are who matters. How you feel. How much energy you have. How much healthier you are for losing that much weight.

Stick to it, and the rest of the world will catch up, I promise! In a few more weeks, you'll have acquaintances commenting. Enjoy your private victory.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am going to be rather blunt.

Are you losing weight to attract comments or are you doing it for yourself?
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I am in the SAME boat. The only person that has noticed is my gf and she said it's "in my face" which, I guess, is better than nothing. However the important thing is: do YOU feel the difference.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds and only one person has said anything.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Who are you doing it for? You or them? Be proud of yourself for your accomplishments and changes. You are the ONLY one that matters! :)