Favorite Greek yogurt?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
Mine is Fage, but of course that's the most expensive one! I bought Oikos this week because it was on sale, but it's just not the same. Fage is so good that I can eat it just plain with nothing added.

Replies

• krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anything without pectin or other thickeners in it.Companies use it to make their regular yogurts "appear" more like Greek yogurt so they can still call it "Greek". Bleh. My favorites are probably Nancy's or Wallaby Organics :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I eat Cabot- plain- I use it as sour cream and or mayo- but for my yogurt snack I add vanilla protein- so I like the plain- makes it more usable in my house hold.

no fat, low fat or 10% milk fat (although I dislike doing so because it's 330 calories for 226 grams and I can't tell the difference in taste so to me it's just less food to eat)

it's typically 3.99 for a big tube.

Absolutely no way I could eat Fage... way to expensive for as much as I go through.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% here!! Tried Chobani once b/c Fage was sold out, YUCK...never again. Now I buy 3-4 big containers at a time so I don't run out, lol.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I eat Cabot- plain- I use it as sour cream and or mayo- but for my yogurt snack I add vanilla protein- so I like the plain- makes it more usable in my house hold.

no fat, low fat or 10% milk fat (although I dislike doing so because it's 330 calories for 226 grams and I can't tell the difference in taste so to me it's just less food to eat)

Absolutely no way I could eat Fage... way to expensive for as much as I go through.

I've yet to try that brand, I need to.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage, but recently tried the store brand from Aldi and was pleased with it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Love Fage.

Recently been eating Liberte since it's half-price in Morrisons... it's not the same though.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Atlanta Fresh Greek Yogurt's Vanilla & Caramel..Amazing! I also like their French Roast Coffee flavor. All of their flavors are good, but I'm too scared to try their maple bacon flavor!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love Cabot plain yogurt, but my grocery market stopped selling the original plain so I bought the 2% lowfat. Still tastes great! I also like eating the Muller greek corner ones with the caramelized almonds... yum.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Options

I really need to jump on the bandwagon and use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. Never thought about using it for mayo!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like the Fage Total, but it's so hard to find.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I really need to jump on the bandwagon and use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. Never thought about using it for mayo!

when I figured it out or read about it I almost did a happy dance.. I HATE mayo- never liked it- the taste the texture anything. (took me a long time to come around to yogurt b/c of texture issues as well)

sour cream I actually prefer- it's a bit thicker and I always ate it with other stuff so never bothered me- problem is- for cooking/prep stuff with mayo- or sour cream... I NEVER used the whole container- always wasted it- so now I can have one container for ALL the things... it's great. So worked out really well for me!!!!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried a lot of different kinds, but I really like Chobani (never tried Fage, though)

Dannon Oikos was overly sweet, with corn-syrup (I hate the taste of corn syrup!) I also felt like the sugar-to-protein ratio wasn't worth it.

Yoplait Greek 100 was good until they started using sucralose (aka Splenda ... again it's a taste thing -- gross!)

So I went with Chobani. It uses "all natural" ingredients, and I really like the taste. I'll get anything from 0% to 2% milkfat, and I can live with the sugar/protein balance.

But then I've always gotten the flavored ones.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite, but now that it's $7 at my store, I only get it when it's on sale. I'll get Oikos if it's on sale, but lately I've been getting Safeway's Open Nature fat free plain. I don't like their Lucerne brand Greek, but this one's good. I wasn't a fan of Cabot, it was too tart.
  • buttercrud
    buttercrud Posts: 20
    Options
    Wallaby yogurt is very good, even their non-Greek version. Creamy, and not mealy (the regular style that is). Their Greek style though is really exceptional and has the added advantage of being organic. Ultra creamy and not quite so thick as Fage (too much for me). It's often on sale at Whole Foods too. Liberte is also good, but it's hard to find the Greek one in US. Enjoy!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Fage is my favorite, but now that it's $7 at my store, I only get it when it's on sale. I'll get Oikos if it's on sale, but lately I've been getting Safeway's Open Nature fat free plain. I don't like their Lucerne brand Greek, but this one's good. I wasn't a fan of Cabot, it was too tart.
    Yes It's very tart- but makes it a perfect sub for sour cream!!!

My protein powder + warm berries fixes that for me- I never eat it just flat out plain out of the container LOL
  • karenholderronfeldt
    Options
    Fage is my favorite yogurt.
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fage Total.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes It's very tart- but makes it a perfect sub for sour cream!!!

My protein powder + warm berries fixes that for me- I never eat it just flat out plain out of the container LOL

There's only one store near me that carries that, but you're right, it would make a great sour cream sub!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Options

when I figured it out or read about it I almost did a happy dance.. I HATE mayo- never liked it- the taste the texture anything. (took me a long time to come around to yogurt b/c of texture issues as well)

sour cream I actually prefer- it's a bit thicker and I always ate it with other stuff so never bothered me- problem is- for cooking/prep stuff with mayo- or sour cream... I NEVER used the whole container- always wasted it- so now I can have one container for ALL the things... it's great. So worked out really well for me!!!!

That sounds great! I can't wait to go grocery shopping!! Haha
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is my favorite.