Deleted my old account - starting new!

Options
Hi! I'm 26 year old special education teacher from central IL. At one point, pretty recently actually, I had lost 55 lbs with Weight Watchers! I'm not sure what happened, but I experienced a 'moment' of weakness... and it lasted a lot longer than I would like to admit. Some (a lot) of the weight came back on, but not all, for which I am incredibly thankful.

I found that what made Weight Watchers so successful for me was the sense of community. I attended weekly meetings with the same group of people over the course of several months. I had people to support, encourage and cheer me on with each success. However, as mentioned previously, I'm a teacher - I'm poor. And Weight Watchers is kind of expensive. So, with this post, I'm hoping to gain a lot of new friends/supporters to help me lose the weight I've recently gained plus more! I would appreciate any/all friends and will, in return, offer support and encouragement to you!

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I did WW a few years ago, but was so busy I just did the online version and wasn't able to go to meetings. It was a huge help!

I'll send a friend request - anything I can do to help you in your journey, I'm willing to do! :)
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for new friends too to help me with my weightloss Journey! I am on everyday and I'll try my best to motivate and be motivated! :)

I'd appreciate any add. :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I agree that a sense of community is so helpful. I have a great group of friends here, several of which I interact on a daily basis.
  • clbrewer1029
    clbrewer1029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome - thanks!!
  • shrimpie75
    shrimpie75 Posts: 10
    Options
    hiya!!! fr sent to ya, lets struggle together lmao!

ive done both sw & ww in the past and this is my 2nd account ere on mfp but my lb loss is of when ive first started (cheeky i know lol) 2 years ago.

can i just say, how amazing you special education teachers are! you are fantastic in what you do - i have a daughter who is 7 (and she has autism) in main stream school and she has a special education assistant teacher in class to help her on her way, without her s.e.n teacher, my daughter wouldn't be who she is today - you guys rock!!!

btw s.e.n maybe called something different in u.s. as im in the uk lol