Average time for 5K

Options
124»

Replies

• franktheyank8
    Options
    I'm 11 years old and I did a 5k the other day, my time was 20:56 if your wonder how is that possible for an 11 year old. It's because I run cc and I run 3 times a week. But average time is about between 30 mins somewhere around that but me comparing to running on the treadmill to the road is way different I'm like 2 mins slower on the treadmill everytime don't know how but subtract 2:00 from treadmill time
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can do a 5K in about 30 minutes now at an easy pace, however it took me long to get to that point! I've never had good endurance and I often had to walk most of the 5k in the beginning. So when I first started it took me about 40 (sometimes 45) minutes!
  • OkRebeccaJay
    OkRebeccaJay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is the list of results from the 5k I usually attend every week (but not last week, as I had a big fat blister:( )

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/albert/results/latestresults/

As you can see, the results are greatly varied and depend on age/ ability/ weight/ fitness/ how serious you take it/ a multitude of other things!

Personally, I think that whatever time you are coming in at you are a winner, as you are getting out there and moving, working towards your goals, while so many others are not :) xxx
  • marcw1977
    marcw1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first 5k on Sunday with a time of 29:01 and I was by no means the last! I felt like i was somewhere around the middle, and going on a lot of advice, aiming for 30 is a very good start. My aim was just to run all the way round without stopping, and I managed to get under 30. Good luck!
  • teaspoonz
    teaspoonz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just ran my first ever running race, was 6.8km finished in 35 minutes 10 seconds. 5k time was 25 minutes. Most I've ever run in the lead up to this was about 1.5km. Felt exhausted at the end but now I feel great and proud of myself. Looking forward to the next one.

Matt
  • barrygwilliam
    barrygwilliam Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started using RunDouble's Couch to 5k just over 8 weeks ago. Started off with really short (200yds) interval runs and am now running 5k in around 26:30. My target pace on the app is a 9 min/mile and I generally can hit 8:30 ish. But I think it's generally about how much you want to push and how you feel? I got my first "proper" run on 20th Sept and I have no doubt there will be a tonne of people ahead of me, but also some behind....
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Mid 30's for a time seems to be average from most people in the ones I have run. Start out doing a run 2 minutes brisk walk for a minute to catch your breath then run again. I have gone from 43 minutes for my first 5k down to 26 now and got my first 10k in 56:35. Most important have fun with it.

29509743.png