5'9 - 5'10 ladies

Options
13»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    5'8 ½ hw 140 currently 138 want to get back to 132 since I gained 8 lbs on my honeymoon cruise. I ate probably 5000 cals a day in 10 days to f-up my body like that.

Still size 5/7 Canada (which is a 7/9 juniors US) though with these extra 10 lbs so I’m happy with that, all my weight is in my love handles. I’d really I'd love to be 129 by 29 since that’s a 19.5 BMI and I love being under round numbers. I have seen 129 but very rarely, too hard to keep up at my height. I do need to get my bf back from 22% to 20% also.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, love the topic! I am 5'10 and just got married in September. I have gained some weight since then and I am currently at my heaviest. I really want to get down to around 145-140. I started working out with a trainer and I am participating in some of the classes at the gym. I know I can lose the weight, I just fell into the "comfortable" lifestyle after the wedding.:blushing:
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was 5'10" in HS and 163.Goal pic from prom is in my profile. It's my goal to get back into that dress (which you know I've saved). I'm now 5'9" (due to multiple car accidents) and 296 as of this morning.

I started MFP last week and it's been helpful to see that the quantities of what I eat (and was drinking) had to be what's effecting my weight. Over the past 2 years I've broken both of my ankles and have had medications that I take swapped around a lot. Many of them have weight gain as a major side effect. Add to that my boyfriend's horrific custody fight and MAJOR pay cuts at work (to the point where my house was in jeopardy)...the stress has been off the charts. So, I took to drinking. That was until I calculated that each drink (in the size cup that I was using) was 500 calories! Give me 3-4 a night and not only was that leaning towards alcoholic, but that was my whole day's calorie intake! And not a drop of exercise.

I'll stop rambling. That's my history and I'm building my future. :)
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was 5'10" in HS and 163.Goal pic from prom is in my profile. It's my goal to get back into that dress (which you know I've saved). I'm now 5'9" (due to multiple car accidents) and 296 as of this morning.

I started MFP last week and it's been helpful to see that the quantities of what I eat (and was drinking) had to be what's effecting my weight. Over the past 2 years I've broken both of my ankles and have had medications that I take swapped around a lot. Many of them have weight gain as a major side effect. Add to that my boyfriend's horrific custody fight and MAJOR pay cuts at work (to the point where my house was in jeopardy)...the stress has been off the charts. So, I took to drinking. That was until I calculated that each drink (in the size cup that I was using) was 500 calories! Give me 3-4 a night and not only was that leaning towards alcoholic, but that was my whole day's calorie intake! And not a drop of exercise.

I'll stop rambling. That's my history and I'm building my future. :)

Good for you! Don't let the past get you down, only place left to go is up, right?
  • copper33
    Options
    And another thought for all of us tall girls, dont get hung up on your clothing size! When I was in high school and 130lbs I still wore a 12 because my hips are wide. And I was too thin! We tall girls dont have the same size standards as the more average heighted folks! When you look good, everyone can tell. They dont need your pants size to decide if you look good! Lots of us will look perfect in the 150-180 range.

I couldn't agree more! I have what my grandmother would call 'good child bearing hips' I'm comfortably in a UK size 14 (US 12). Even if I continue to loose my hips mean that its highly likely that I'll never fit into the next size down. But I love having hips and boobs, an hour glass figure :happy:

Great thread!! I was 140 lbs up until about 2 years ago, then a back injury stopped me running 5 times a week and I've been too easy on myself as far as snacks etc go. Result: been putting on a pound or so every month since and am now 160lbs. Still within my healthy BMI, but only just ..

And guess what, I carry almost all of it on my big hips and chunky thighs!!. So I'm now a UK size 10/12 on the top and a 12/14 on the bottom - so out of proportion!

Let's stick together girlies - we can do this ...
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread! It is frustrating and great at the same time to be so tall! I'm 5'10 (maybe a little over) My start weight was 161, I have been most of life around 150ish, I was my thinnest when I got married 8 1/2 years ago and that was about 135, my goal is 140 right now... but I'm not so much into the number on the scale, I want to look fit. I don't want to look like a model who is starving, I want to look healthy and toned!! My stomach, and my "big birthing hips" are my biggest problem, and if I could loose those I would be soo happy!!! Best of luck to all of you tall beauties!!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 11 and 174lbs and a UK size 14. My goal is about 168 lbs if possible but may stop at 170 lb if hubby thinks I'm getting too thin. I have a large frame, and very muscular in the legs. Its strange how we can all weigh different for similar heights but I'm learning its generic and so not to compare.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this post. I was wondering about other women my size/height and how their journey is going.
    I have always said I was 5' 10. In November I had my physical and the nurse measured me and told me | was only 5' 9"! My first thought was, "oh no, that means I have to lose MORE weight!" I had them do it a couple more times and it turns out that I am 5'9". Maybe I shrunk? I don't think so... don't you shrink when you get old? I am only 43 (but see myself as eternally 29!!)
    Anyway, here I am at 5'9". My heaviest was 247! I hate even writing that number. My set point seems to be 233. And I hate it! My goal is 170. I wear a size 16- 18 and a 2xl. Size doesn't really matter to me. I just want to shop in the regular size shops and not in the plus sizes with the "matronly style clothes"

I will post pictures at some point, but having only lost 12 lbs so far it is not visible. Maybe at the 20 or 30 lb mark. Stay tuned!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9.5" and sooo glad to see all these tall women :)
    My highest ever was 178. Im currently 170.4. My goal weight is somewhere around 150. I was 139 the day I left for college (14 years ago!), but I wasnt really muscular. Im trying to build some muscle to tone my arms, abs, legs, and butt (ok...my whole body haha), so I dont really know my ideal number on a scale. I just know I used to wear a size 4 or 6, and now Im firmly in a 12. (I got ONE pair of 10s on last week, but Im convinced it was a fluke now that my 12s were a struggle to get on this morning.)

MFP set my BMR as 1550. Im eating at 1500 a day, plus at LEAST half my exercise calories. That has me eating close to 2000 calories somedays, but its working! 1200 is just NOT enough fuel for bodies as tall as we are!! :)
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!Im 5'9 And my starting weight was 230lbs...But luckily I got down to 185lbs im so happy and I wear a size 12 in jeans..But my goal weight is 150 I think I will be happy at that size..I always been over weight and I would also like to get into a size 8 Jeans :) it would be nice...BUt true everybody body is different I have no hips or a butt lol I got a little one but its ok HAHA!But thanks for posting this...I love seeing everyones goals like I have one too :)!!!! But keep up the good work u lost 7 pounds so far...u will get there soon don't worry!!!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm 5'9 and the heaviest I can remember being (non pregnant) was 165 lbs. I'm currently 152lbs and I'm trying to get down to 140ish and tone. I wear anything from a 8-10 jeans and mostly medium tops. I also have hips out of this world. The last measurement I took, my hips were a 39 ...yikes!
  • shanellereena
    Options
    Thanks to all the tall beauties that has posted so far. All of your goals, success stories and pictures are truly inspiring.
  • shanellereena
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm 5'9 and the heaviest I can remember being (non pregnant) was 165 lbs. I'm currently 152lbs and I'm trying to get down to 140ish and tone. I wear anything from a 8-10 jeans and mostly medium tops. I also have hips out of this world. The last measurement I took, my hips were a 39 ...yikes!

I definitely know how you feel. I couldnt hide my hips if I tried. Even when I was around 175 I still wore a size 14. I am hoping that when I get to my goal of 150 I will at least be in a size 9-10. I have grown to embrace my curves though. I mean lets face it, there not going anywhere. lol
  • Troytroy408
    Troytroy408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im 5'10 weigh in at 191lbs, When I tell ppl how much I really wiegh they say I look like I weigh about 165ish. Everyone has different body types and we carry our wight differently. My goal is 180lbs. Everyone says I'll look to thin if Im at that weight but thats my personal goal.